Chapter 9: Stolen Moments

If you fall, I will catch you. Time after time

**Smut warning**

"Eddie," Kate said, running over to him. He was dirtier and more disheveled than before, but she didn't care as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "I feel like I keep losing you."

"I'm right here princess," tightening his grip around her. The words Steve had told him in the Upside Down had much more meaning now.

The group rested for the night as everyone went over to Max's house. Everyone sprawled out on the floor in blankets and sleeping bags. Kate couldn't sleep even though she was wrapped in Eddie's arms. She got up and walked outside and sat on the porch step.

"Kate, what's wrong?" she heard Eddie say, coming up behind her.

"Just thinking about everything and what if we don't come out of it?"

"We will. We have a prom to go to remember?" he replied. Kate smiled for a moment. "Come with me." He jumped off the porch and started walking to his house. "You coming?" he asked, reaching out his hand. Kate followed.

Eddie opened the door to his room as Kate watched him talk to his guitar. "Sorry I'm late sweetheart."

"Is she the only girl you have?" she said with a laugh.

"Not anymore," he answered, closing the space between them, wrapping his arms around her.

Eddie left the room to get blankets and pillows since they had to drag his bed into the living room to get everyone out of the Upside Down. Kate saw one of his Hellfire shirts laying over his dresser and picked it up. It smelled like him so she undressed to nothing, but his shirt and waited for him to come back into the room.

"I found some...," Eddie trailed off as he saw Kate standing in his room with nothing on but his Hellfire shirt. She could tell his breath caught as he dropped the blankets on the floor and brought her to him. His hands graced her face as their lips touched, like fireworks going off. Kate yanked on the hem of Eddie's shirt as it was discarded on the floor followed quickly by the rest of his clothes and the little Kate was wearing.

Eddie's lips left her lips and down to her neck, then her ear. "Eddie," she moaned. Kate grabbed a blanket and sat on the floor as Eddie rummaged through a drawer, producing a condom.

He ripped open the foil packet and rolled it on, joining Kate on the floor as she pulled him down by his necklace, their lips re-connecting. His fingers trailing down her body and inserting a finger into her wet folds. Little moans escaped her lips as Eddie pumped faster as she arched her back and her body pressed into Eddie. He knew she needed him just as much as he needed her as he took hold of his cock and pushed himself inside of her. He watched as her eyes closed at the sensation as he began to move.

"Faster," she breathed. He did as he was told as his hips movements picked up. Kate's nails digging into his back. He wanted to move faster, fuck her into tomorrow, but after everything they had already gone through and what as to come, he slowed. "What are you doing?"

"I want to live in this moment. I want to memorize every part of you," he replied, kissing her. Kate felt tears starting to swell in her eyes. This man was no freak, but a gentle, loving person who was turning into so much more for her. Eddie's hips kept moving his hand finding her hip as his fingers grasped it.

Eddie felt her clinch around him and come undone causing him to do the same. He thrusted a few shallow thrusts before filling the barrier between them. He removed himself and left the room for a moment to clean himself off as Kate pulled the blanket up. When he returned, he got down beside her and took her in his arms. She looked around the room at the metal bands that adorned his walls and how different they really were, but she didn't care.

There was a silence between them as they enjoyed just being together in their own moment. As Eddie stroked her hair, he spoke.

"No more running, Wallace. It's me and you now." She felt the tears coming back before she replied, knowing she loved him with everything she had.

"Me and you," she whispered before falling asleep. Little did she know those words were going to break her heart.