12 - Unsatisfied

She was by the pool again, blood started to spread on the water.
But she was powerful now. She wouldn't be caged, she could fight.
Rose stood up, patting the dirt from her clothes, and watched the bodies around her, then blinding lights flashed around her and suddenly she was in the Rainbow Room and there was blood everywhere.
She looked down and saw tiny bodies. The children were all dead.
She covered her mouth with her hands to suppress the scream of horror that she let out.
Something moved and she turned, noticing a tall frame giving his back to her.
No, no, not him. She begged.
Peter was covered in blood, but he turned.
Relieved that he was alive, she ran to him but stumbled on a body and fell...

Rose jumped up and saw the darkness of her room.
She released the sheets that she had been clawing and breathed deeply until her heart calmed down.
Nobody was dead. The children were safe, he was safe.. for now.
The nightmares started to fade from her memories.
She laid back on the bed, waiting to fall back asleep, praying for no more blood.

Rose noticed some Mexican newspapers in the mail that Jason brought in.
He greeted her happily and invited her to have breakfast together as usual.
She wished to ask why anyone would care of Spanish news and gossip, but she felt distrustful of what answer she would get.
She wasn't allowed to check the newspapers. Nobody openly forbid that to her but instinctly she learned that it was a silent rule in the lab.
Would she be restrained too if she dared to overstep?
She couldn't stop asking that question to herself as she checked everything around her, to find more details and proofs that in that building something was very wrong and very disturbing.
The back of her mind suggested her that she already got plenty, that she had to escape as soon as possible.
But Peter was there. The only person that truly understood her and that she couldn't afford to lose. She wouldn't go anywhere without him.
She needed no shackles no tracking devices. She would stay where he was.

Their time truly together was little and precious. Often they barely had the chance for a quick kiss in the laundry room before someone arrived to waste the moment or check on them.
She missed practicing with him. She missed using her skills. It made her frustrated and unmotivated.
She only had to wake up, check on the children, assiting the experiments on them, clean up and then go to sleep. Often her routine was interrupted when Brenner wanted to check her health, so she had to change her orderly clothes into a hospital gown, laying on an uncomfortable bed as doctors took blood samples, asked her to inhale oxygen, tested her senses.
Sometimes it just made her so tired that she fell asleep as soon as she touched the bed in her room.

Often her mind drifted where she didn't want it to go.
She heard voices, unfamiliar ones, speaking softly of boring stuff. Sometimes she believed she was back into the sensor deprivation tank and was visiting the pure darkness, where nothing and nobody could be found in there. And that was peaceful, to feel out of the world and its noisy troubles.
She felt she was back from that peace when suddenly her body warned her that something was wrong.
Rose woke up, realizing that someone was in her room.
She jumped on her bed.

"Quiet" a familiar voice murmured.
In the dim light she recognised the silhouette of Peter, sitting at the bottom of her bed in his orderly clothes.
Was it an illusion? She knew she couldn't always trust what she was seeing and experiencing.
"What are you doing here?" she looked up at the camera, but the red light was gone.
"New tapes needed. It won't take long before the system will be operative again. I had to seize this chance to pay you a visit. You're so lovely when you're sleeping".
He smiled so sweetly that her heart beated even faster than for the fear of finding him there with her.
Illusions were different. Tricks of her mind were different.
Everything suggested her that it was real so she wished to slap herself to be fully awake.
"How long...?".
"Few minutes" he answered guessing her question "I didn't want to wake you. Were you having a good dream?".
She frowned. Was wandering in the darkness something good?
"I don't know" she confessed.
He nodded sympathetically "Don't worry. I can't stay here for long".
Her breath hitched. She didn't want him to leave. But having him in her room, sitting on her bed, with her being in a vulnerable position... well, it was dangerous.
"Then let's not waste time" she tried to joke, pulling the blanket like to make room for him. But it didn't feel like a joke at all. She had to restrain her body to stop instinct to take over. Did he have any idea of how desperately she wanted him? If yes, he wouldn't have dared to walk into her room in the middle of the night.
He grinned and moved to kneel by her side "You know that if you tempt me, I'm never going to leave this room until they force me out, don't you?".
"They can try to take you away from me" she hissed in a challenging way and pulled him towards her.
He leaned over her until she laid down back on the mattress.
He placed his hands on both sides of her head, trapping her there.
God, if that wasn't heaven?
How many times she daydreamed of having him there, doing that thing, owning her?
Rose surrendered and pulled him down to kiss him hungrily.
She felt his hesitation, but the more she insisted, the more he gave up and replied to her need.
Their bodies entertwined and it just felt so good. She wanted more.
He groaned as she moved against him, feeling that he wanted her as much as she wanted him.
She started to unbutton his shirt, pushing his clothes aside to feel his hot skin under her hands.
"Rose" he warned in a husky tone "We don't have much time. And I don't want to rush things".
She glared at him for being still in control when all she wanted was set her instinct on lose "And when will we get another chance like this?".
She needed to melt all the cameras in that building so they could be free to do whatever they wanted. She needed to keep everyone away so nobody could separate them. And she needed him to be hers.
"Right" he said giving in to his lust, but as they were close to the point of no return, he stopped again.
"I can't lose you" he pressed his head against her forehead "Hate me for this. But if we get caught now, they'll never let us be together ever again".
Rose wrapped her limbs around him to prevent him from slipping away from her.
"Nothing can keep me away from you. They can try anything, they won't succeed".
Peter sighed, pressing apologising kisses on her heated skin "If only you knew certain things, you could even decide to hate me. And hate me even more if we go on this way".
She let him go, thinking that her mind was so blurred by the lust that she couldn't understand clearly was he was saying.
"What are you talking about?".
He wrapped her into an uncomfortable hug as his body pressed again against hers "I have to go before it's too late. Maybe someday I'll get to give you everything of me. But tonight I can't do anything more. And please, forgive me for this".
Rose scoffed, needing to be pushed on the edge of whatever they had been building together in their frenzy. She didn't want to forgive him for making her feel all of that and then leaving her unsatisfied.
But he wasn't satisfied as well, yet he got the strength to step back and walk away.
Was it decency or prudence, she didn't know. But someday she would admire him for those qualities.
She felt cold when he walked down her bed, readjusting his wrinkled clothes. He went to her bathroom for a moment while she was fighting the tears and the anger boiling in her.
Someday she could kidnap him and take him out of the building, maybe even cut the tracking device from his neck with her own hands. She was tired of rules, of that building. She wanted their freedom. She wanted Peter to be happy.
"You look like you're going to kill me" he said timidly as he appeared back in front of her, perfect and clean like an angel.
"Not kill you. Kill everyone who dares to keep us apart and who doesn't allow us to be together" she said sternly.
"Trust me, I know the feeling. Someday we'll punish them. Someday we will be free to make our own rules".
She smiled faintly. She didn't want to believe him although he sounded so confident. Yet it wasn't too bad to hope a little.
"Then goodnight" she said hugging her blanket.
"No hate me? You can say it aloud. It would make you feel better".
She scoffed and dropped herself on the bed, giving ther back at him.
"Hate?" she scoffed to herself "I love you, you idiot".
She didn't care if he heard her or not. She didn't expect an answer. She just closed her eyes and fought her messed emotions.
Moments later she heard the door closing softly and she knew that she was alone again.

A/N

Wednesday 3rd August 2022

The lab is not a place for fun 👀

But being trapped in a building with him doesn't make it easy to control certain needs 😅

The cameras just make it all so harder to be intimate 😩

Updates coming soon, so stay tuned 🖤