2 - Administrator

"These dreams you have... What happens in them?"

"... I... I feel myself floating. In a completely white space."

"Anything else?"

"When I... When I try to move, a shadow... No, a building towers over me. It takes away the white from everything."

"Hm... Does this... Building seem familiar to you?"

"... It's the Tower."

"The one that appeared?"

"Yeah..."

"And when you try to move, does your body respond?"

"No... Not often."

"I see... Well, Itsuki, I'm afraid that's all the time we have today. We'll meet again same time next week. Before then, if you can, see if you can stop yourself from floating in these dreams. Try to... Plant yourself somewhere."

"Yes... Doctor."

"Then, I shall see you next week. Oh, and make sure to see if you can do something that takes your mind off recent events. Try moving your body."

Doctor Liften stands up from his chair and leaves the small room that I've been staying in for the last few weeks.

Time seemed to pass like a blur since I woke up in the hospital. I could barely seem to focus until about a week after I had woken up.

The doctors claimed it was shock and said that only time would fix it. Doctor Liften was also assigned as a therapist for me, an attempt to see if talking would speed up the process.

I can't say for sure if it's working. I don't feel any different now than I did when I first woke up. I just feel... Empty.

'We are hearing more information about these supposed disappearances as the weeks pass by. Authorities and specialists seem to be convinced that it has something to do with the structure that has aptly been named the "Tower".'

From the corner of the room, a small TV starts playing.

That's all the news has been recently. After it suddenly appeared around the world, each one let out a sudden shockwave around where it was, devastating the areas around it and killing hundreds if not thousands. That's what killed my family too.

And then, not long after the shockwaves, people began disappearing. At first, they were passed off as missing due to the shockwaves, but as the numbers began to rise even after the damage had been cleared, it was obvious that something was going on.

'Oh? I'm getting more information that one of the missing persons had left a note? It apparently says that they hear a calling to them, from a portal? This is... Odd news, but we can't rule anything out after what happened not too long ago. As always, we will try to keep you up to date as soon as possible. We will see you--'

A portal? A calling?

Hm... I wonder if... Those hyms I heard was the calling that they seem to have heard.

... Nah, if it was, then surely one of those portals would have appeared while I was in the car.

Anyway... Moving my body, huh?

Back at home, I used to swing a wooden sword around, since I was hoping to join the kendo team at school but with my arm like this... I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it.

... Well, there's no harm in trying.

Standing up from my bed, I walk towards my door and open it, trying to call a nurse or doctor to ask them.