4 - Beginnings

Before me was a field of luscious green grass. Off to my right, was a small village, one that looked as if it came from the medieval era, though it did look a little more sophisticed. On my left, far in the distance, was a mountain range of which looked far too fantasy to be real. The peaks rose high into the sky, passing the clouds and seemingly piercing space. Jagged spikes rose high and some poked themselves out along the faces of the mountains.

The entire scene looked far too picturesque to seem real to me, and I simply stood in awe at the view. Many others did something similar, we were all too interested in the surreal view in front of us to even think about moving.

The more proactive of us began to move right away, some running off towards the mountain range, while others ran towards the village.

It took me a moment, but I managed to pry my eyes away from the view and look around me, before heading towards the village.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for as of yet, but I noticed that the sword I had in the white space was now gone, and I don't think I have anything like an inventory, so I'll have to find a new weapon.

That's why I ran towards the village instead of the mountains. There's no point in trying to fight something if you don't have a weapon. Unless it's those green things, you could kill those easily.

When I reached the village, I noticed something about the number of people that were with us. In the white space, there were a little under a hundred thousand of us, according to Administrator, so why is it that there is barely even a thousand of us around here?

They probably got put into a different area of the floor to us, but I can't stop my thoughts from wandering.

I try to distract myself from them by looking around the village, before stumbling across a marketplace, where I'm quickly surrounded by merchants trying to sell me their wares.

The Tower has granted you knowledge of the language of this world.

"Young man! Look at this fine knife!--"

"You need a quick firestarter, right? You can get one right here fo--"

"Son, this shield here'll protect you like nothing else--"

The moment I see the panel, my ears are bombarded with loud shouting from the merchants, and I attempt to push through them, managing to stumble across a small hut by moving between two stalls.

From where I was, I could hear a quiet clanging sound, and as I got closer, it only got louder, and I could feel the temperature seem to change around me.

When I was in reach, I knock on the wooden door and hear the clanging stop immediately.

Footsteps permeate through the ground before the door swings open, revealing a large, muscular man covered in soot and dirt, wearing light clothes with large gloves on his hands.

"What ya want?"

His voice was rough, and he spoke loudly.

"Is this a... Smithy?"

His face contort for a moment.

"Well, what'd'ya think it is, a fucken outhouse?"

"Oh, no, it's just... I haven't seen a smithy before so..."