Three//

//

Monday

I have never believed in love. How could I? The most love and affection I was ever given as a young girl was from a gorgeous golden retriever named Lucky. He was my old neighbours dog. He loved me for a few minutes and played with me, then he got bored and decided to piss on me. In my mind, Lucky had shown me a perfect representation of what love was like, great while it lasted, but when they got bored and moved on you were left on the ground with a mess to clean up.

Due to this, anyone who dared show me a bit of love or affection would capture my interest. But not too much, as I'm constantly moving around, I'm never in one place for long enough to start something with anyone. It's easiest not to, it makes leaving less difficult.

//

I was gently stirred awake by two hands the next morning, with out even opening my eyes I knew it would only be Zac, I patted the bed next to me and felt him climb in. I dozed back to sleep with my arm around him and woke up a while later.

I looked at my phone next to the bed. 8:57, I got up and trying not to disturb Zac, tucking the covers back in for him. I walked into the bathroom, used mouth wash and tied my wild bed hair into a messy bun. I grabbed a shower towel off the ladder, started the shower and locked my bathroom door. I showered and walked back out into the bedroom. Zac had gone so I walked over, with my towel around myself, to close and lock my bedroom door. I picked out denim shorts and a baby tee that reached my waist on my pants, so none of my stomach was exposed. I pulled a few strands out of my bun to make it look effortless and sprayed some perfume and deodorant. I walked across the hall to Zacs room and found Nick in there with him.

"Morning." I said, both of them turned to look at me.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" Nick asked.

"Best I have in a very long time." I walked over and sat on the bed next to Zac.

"Good to hear, Zac told me you guys don't normally sleep too good on the first night." Nick replied

"Yeah, did you sleep good bub?" I looked at Zac. He nodded.

"Everyone is down at breakfast if you're hungry."  The oldest boy said, getting of the bed.

"Sounds good." Zac said as we all headed down stairs.

Sitting down at the big dining table more conversations filled the hallways. Annie and Tyler were still going to get Rosie this afternoon and the others planned to go surfing, Isla had a four hour shift at the coffee house, and Zac said he wanted to go to the beach. It was still a school day I thought so I had no idea why they weren't going.

I still felt full from last night, like I had eaten too much at dinner so I only had a few strawberries. I offered to help clean up but was immediately shooed away but Kerynn. Adam has already left for work and Kez had a half day, she said she felt horrible for leaving us on our first day but I assured her we would be fine.

//

I walked into Oceans Coffee House alone later that morning.

"Welcome to Oceans, what get a get you for today."

"Hey Isla." I removed my sunglasses from my face and used them to pushed them up onto my head to hold my hair away from my face.