✗ prologue ✗

⚊ prologue

Does anyone else here who all did unstoppably to their parents is judge them for their choices?

It's only been a year when we moved back to Philippines from Macau where before then we came over from Europe and now we're here in another famous country in the Asia home for the Kpop and Kdrama, or should I say, South Korea?

I wasn't still over our sudden move when my cat and her babies decided to make me chase for them in our neighborhood before I was helped by the two boys who, from what I heard, one of them lived alone in the house across from ours.

Probably me being shy and still throwing all of my disappointments and anger over this predicament didn't talk to them or thanked any of them even though they managed to get my cat back to me.

Well, I didn't talk to anyone much for months until I was suddenly being told by my parents they were transferring me to the nearest school.

To a brand new school where I know approximately no one. It is always the case for me every year which cannot be helped if both of your parents were born with an adventurous heart.

They can't settle in one place permanently and while I loved that we've been to many places now eversince I was born, I hated the fact I keep losing friends due to the repeated moving and the distance had kept them all slowly drifting away in time.

There will always be an exception though.

It was Philippines for me, the country where one of my parents is born and I am too, the country where you could hate and love it at the same time for it's positive and negative traits. There is no perfect country anyway to live at.

All of them had their own faults the way it did to people anywhere in the world.

But that's not the true beginning of my story at all, so let's leave it at that and focus on the true purpose here.

It all started from a creepy mail.

Which would be weird for me. To see an anonymous email address popping up on my notifications, signed with the bizzare alias Stranger Danger, or SD in his plead for it to be short.

Except that my life has always been unrecognizable that nothing feels shocking anymore.

From : Stranger Danger

To : Jillian Klein Cruz

Subject : You're in no Danger! :)

Hey there, Ms. Cruz. We already met irl and I'm not sure if you remember. I mean, I probably talk to you at some point, but it wasn't longer than a minute and I figured you must be a shy person, so I think why not email you instead to be your guide?

And yes it might be a creepy move from an eighteen year old boy to be cloaked under the cover of anonymity but if that's the way to reach you, then so be it. And no, you'll never know my name.

It is after all a secret.

"Secret? Seriously? I don't even know you", I muttered to myself when I received it from my phone.

Despite of the stranger danger warning which is kind of ironic from his email address, I continued to read through his rather long message.

His or him. He mentioned being a boy after all.

And yes I also realized that most people our age would go for socmed like asking for your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. But that wasn't an option, not when you're practically new here and had never interacted with anyone else.