✗ one ✗

⚊ chapter one

I have somehow put all my effort into pestering the person who was the only one I can talk to before the second week of school.

Who is SD? One week after receiving a mysterious emails from him, he still had not given me an answer. He can offer a lot to all of my questions about what to expect in classes but never ever would he say his identity.

The problem is, since I'm as lonely as a ghost right now, I like to know things. I like finding answers to mysteries such as him.

Clearly, the only option is to Sherlock the way out of this secretive boy.

Let's start at day one, that awful first day of school, which sucked for me, but to be fair probably sucked no more than every day since I was forced to come here against my own volition.

Because the truth is at the end of the day, you have no say in your parents choices.

Overall, my life sucked in and out.

But I figured that at the fated first day, a certain stranger must've noticed something help me vibes from the quiet transferee.

So then at some point in any of my classes, he could be there sitting close to me or watching from the very back and actually took notice of me.

But remembering what must've occured that day is not so simple, because that day is chock full of embarassment and awkwardness moments that I never want to recall.

First of all, I was late, which was Mingming's fault. Mingming is my cat, the mother to seven kittens, who even if she was old as fuck, has approached this whole new living place by deciding to be a menace and is always having me chasing after her around our house.

Or worse, out in the street.

And much worse, running into the house across from ours.

And much much worse, thinking of leaving the responsibility of being mother to her babies to me.

For some reason, my parents allowed me to have a car and knowing that it would take a long time before I asked anyone for help to ask how to ride the bus or train here, they think it's a good option.

But I do think it was a way of apologizing to me as well.

Except, of course, they would not be fully there for me as they were going to be asked of their job and it means leaving me to myself as always.

That's the story of Jillian Klein Cruz - that one girl being left alone for most of her life.

When I finally got to Belift Academy, drove through the slow traffic of student's vehicles and found a spot in the parking lot next to an old beat up car where a girl cursing to someone in her phone had directed me to the main building.

I wasn't able to catch her name, not after another girl with bangs and two boys were dragging her to somewhere else.

Much to my surprise though, they all waved at me in their leave.

Class was already in full swing by the time I stepped into what I think is my first subject and I felt awkward standing there, trying to figure out to where I would seat.

Apparently, being a cautious one that I am, I needed to avoid some gossiping girls and chatty boys who I can't feel a good vibes from. In the end, I was forced to sit behind two tall boys with the hopes their height is enough to not catch attention from my seat.

Of course, I'm always a stupid one in my instinct.

"Hey everyone, Yorch here", the guy right in front of me said, in a tone that tells me he's confident about himself, unlike me, "I went to Brunei this summer, which was totally cool from Sangwon to pay for us. And then we volunteered to some pet rescue community while being there. All in all, it's a great vacation, but I'm happy to be back in school"