•Epilogue•

"Momo-chan, I really like you. your lively personality, your looks and everything about yourself" Asano abruptly confessed.

"E-eh.." I saw it coming...

"I know it's too sudden, but I'm serious with my words. Think about it"

"Of course I-I like you too. You're such a gentleman." I smiled coyly once again. Asano laughed, and he hugged me tightly. Then, we went on our separate ways as we reached the gate of my neighborhood.

Asano waved his hands at me before he turned around and left.

I headed back into my neighborhood.

The night wind blows my back and shoulders. It's almost late and I'm walking by myself in a desolate neighborhood.
Honestly, in my neighborhood, there are some unoccupied houses.

As I walked, I heard a footsteps behind me.

I gulped my spat and hastened my footsteps, the person did the same.

Could it be... that creepy customer....

I turned around, and I saw a man whose face resembled him. But I'm not sure if it's him, because this guy had a moustache and a curly hair. Unlike him, clean face and ash grey hair.

Could he disguise himself since he's a fugitive?
I think that's the case here...

My heart began to beat rapidly, as I decided to take a step backwards while facing that creep. He made it obvious that he's after me by staring at me and walking towards me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT! WHO ARE YOU!"

He didn't say anything. instead, he pulled out what appeared to be a knife out of his pocket.

My body felt like it's shrinking away, my legs are shaking in fear and my mouth is trembling.

"W-who are you.." I murmured as my eyes glared at the knife.

He ran towards me.

I'm freezing, unable to move, as the night wind blows my hair...

He then put his head on my shoulder and said,
"You've seen it all. I disguised because the police is looking for me. thanks to you, this matter became big. If you hadn't check my phone in the first place, I wouldn't waste my time to chase after you. You're freaking asshole"

"I-I'm sorry, I promise I will shut up" I mumbled as my mouth is trembling.

"Too late now, bitch" He whispered.

!!!!

He abruptly stabbed himself in the abdomen. The blood splatter all over my face.

He fell to the ground with the knife next to him.

I screamed on top of my lungs, asking for help. Some of my neighbors who heard my scream decided to dial an ambulance right away, and the police were notified.

The police took me to their station for questioning, but that guy was pronounced dead at the scene.

I managed to prove my innocence after I explained about the 'phone' thing and the incident about Asano's attack earlier. Asano had reported him earlier to the police after the attack and kidnapping attempt.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Finally, I went to the police station's bathroom to wipe away all the blood splatter. My heart was still racing, and my mind kept on replaying that fearful suspense moment.

As I headed out of the police station, I was startled to see Asano standing up with tears on the edge of his eyelid.

"A- asano kun!"

"I heard your scream! I thought you were killed!" He ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Did you follow me to the police station?"

"I saw the police took you to their car. You probably didn't see me. Thank god you're alright" Asano replied.

"T- thank you so much for your kindness and attention.."

The fact that he's dead makes me relieved, but also scared because he took that dirty secret to the grave with him.

Asano held my hands tightly as the two of us walked on the sidewalk, leaving the police station, drowning into the night. As long as I'm with him, I feel safe..