2: Phone Interview

It's been three days.

Three days of barely doing work for classes and going through victorious battles behind the computer screen.

Three days of no schedule in for work, and thankfully no important projects.

And Jungkook slowly began to forget about the phone call in the first place, and the worries he had throughout that whole entire night that followed it too.

He was back to his usually lonely self.

The routine that is.

Well, that's until he got a call while walking out of his digital design class from a number he didn't recognize.

And to his luck, he was with Yoongi at that time.

"Who is it?"

Jungkook looks at the number and shrugs, "Probably a scam-"

That's when Jungkook suddenly recognized the last four digits, feeling his heart drop to his fucking ass.

Shit-

Shit!

"Um actually I uh- I have to take this," Jungkook shutters, not even sure if he was making sense himself, "I'm going for a smoke really quick, but I'll meet you at the cafeteria afterwards."

Jungkook didn't wait to even hear a response from Yoongi and just bolted to the nearest exit of the academic building, which luckily for him is a smoking area.

No doubt the guy waiting on the other line is patient because he didn't hang up, giving Jungkook enough time to take out a cigarette and light it up just as he answered it.

"Hi-"

"Hello, this is Tae. You called and left a voice message to me three days ago. Jungkook correct?

His voice is exactly the same as the voicemail, and hearing it so casually sent goosebumps to flood Jungkook's skin. He sounded anything but tender and friendly like his smile. As strange as it is, he sounded very professional and calm.

With a voice like that, it could easily intimidate anyone.

So, Jungkook takes a deep inhale of his cigarette and exhales it as he looks over the view of campus, ignoring the look this girl is giving him as she takes a hit of her cigarette too.

Lowly Jungkook answers back, "Erm, yeah."

"I received your voicemail and you seemed quite unsure of my services. So would you like to continue onto the phone interview, or we can just end the call now-"

"No - Um, shit-" Jungkook grunts, running a hand through his hair and takes another intake of his cigarette, calming himself down, "Sorry, I was panicking in the voicemail. Can I just know more information before making a decision?"

"Absolutely. So, we could move onto the phone interview in that case. My interviews are in total of thirty minutes, do you have time now?"

Looks like Yoongi is going to have to wait.

Not like that matters, he'll likely be accompanied by Jimin in no time.

And Jungkook would do anything to not see them together at the moment.

"Yes."

"Great. So I would like to start this off by thanking you for contacting me. Throughout this interview, you will be informed of the general details and a little bit more about myself and I will get to know you a little more as well. You are free to ask any questions or clarifications. This interview will also give me the time to get to know you and decide if I should provide you with my services, or connect you with another employee who's more suitable for your taste, does that sound good?"