Chapter 9 Night Walk

After a long few hours of helping 'Samu with his homework, it was time for dinner. "DINNERS READY!!" Yuri yelled up the stairs. We all ran downstairs and some of us almost fell. Well, I almost did but that's not the point. "Thanks for the food, Yuri. The curry is delicious!" I said to her with a big smile. "Aww, thanks and you're welcome."  She said back with a smile. 

We all ate in silence but I noticed a certain someone keeps looking at me whenever he had the chance. The Atsumu Miya. I gave him a look that said 'stop looking at me before I hit you when I noticed he was looking at me and he looked away almost immediately. I laughed a little because it was kinda funny the way he just stopped so instantly.

After dinner, I went back to 'Samu's room to just chill on his bed. "Hey Y/N, if you don't mind me asking but what happened last night?" Atsumu said as he walked into the room. I felt a small ping in my heart. I don't want to tell him but he will find out either way. "So, umm... I kinda had an anxiety attack..." I said while looking down. 

"Oh my god Y/N, I didn't know." He quickly sat down on the edge of the bed. "I was scared about staying here even if Rin is here. I've never stayed anywhere that isn't April's so I got scared." I took a breath. "But 'Samu was helpful and he calmed me down so I feel better about staying," I said as I smiled at him. "Well, I'm happy that he was there to help you and I'm happy you're here." He said with a small smile.

We just sat there in silence. It was kinda comforting actually but I mean I've never really liked Atsumu. He always seemed like the annoying, pick-me type of guy, but in reality, he wasn't that bad. "Hey guys, did any of you wanna take a night walk?" Rin said as he walked into the room. "Uh yeah sure why not," I said to him as I got up to grab a few things.

"You coming 'Tsumu?" My brother asked. "Yeah just give me a second and I'll come down." He said to us. I walked downstairs with my brother and 'Samu was already waiting for us. "Is 'Tsumu coming?" He asked. "He said he'll be down soon," Rin said. 'Samu just nodded and sat down on the couch. 

Atsumu POV

When Y/N and Suna left the room, it got me thinking. I honestly want to know more about her and want to be on good terms with her. I'm shocked she even told me what happened last night with 'Samu. I thought she wouldn't say anything to me but she did. The fact that she's staying here is shocking. I mean having her here feels like the best thing ever. She is an amazing person and I want to be friends with her but I don't know if that's ever gonna happen.

She seems so closed off and doesn't let people in easily, which honestly, isn't a bad thing. I know I may come off as annoying and that I'm overconfident in myself but I can be nice. So I think my next goal is to be on good terms with Y/N and to be friends.

Your POV

Honestly, I was kinda anxious about going. I mean I love walks, but ones at night kinda scare me. With all the creepy people at night and everything, it's just scary. I was shaking my leg out of nervousness and my brother caught on. "N/N, ya know you don't have to come right?" I looked at him for a second. "I know but it's a nice way to clear my head. Even though I'm scared of what could happen." I said as I looked down. 

"It's ok Y/N, I'll be right by you so you don't have to worry." 'Samu said and he came and sat next to me. I started to calm down a little when Atsumu came down and said he was ready to go. We all walked out the door and it was nice outside. Seeing the stars and how beautiful the sky is, it was quite a wonderful sight. 

It's been 30 minutes since we left the house and I got a text from my mom. She was seeing if I was busy and if she could call me. I of course said yes and I missed her because she kinda left unannounced. When I answered the phone, she sounded like she have been crying. "Hey, mom, what's wrong? Are you ok?" I asked her with concern. 

We all stopped walking because I was getting nervous about what was going on. "Y-Y/N, is Rintaro with you?" She asked hesitantly. "Uh yeah, he is," I said with slight concern. "Can you put me on speaker? I wanna talk to you both." She said. I agreed and put her on speaker. "Hey, mom, what's up?" Rin said to the phone.

"So umm... y-your dad..." She stopped and we both looked at each other with concern. "H-he uh... got diagnosed with stage three lung cancer..."