WHAT GOD SAID?

MR AND MRS PAPPY

"What nonsense!" He yelled, almost hitting me with the door as he entered our bedroom.
"Oga no wound me jooor. I resemble the pastor?" I said, with a corresponding hiss as I enter the room.

"But you don't see anything wrong with that obviously" he said, throwing his shoes off his leg with total abandon as it finds it's hiding place under the maroon suede couch opposite our bed.

"Papilo stop this naaa. That shoe no punch your face niii, las las, na me you go stress to de find the shoe." I said, going on my knee as I approached the couch that reminds me so much of Aunt Judith, my mum's sister. "Wetin I deh t...." I tried explaining before being cut by my dear husband.
"English please..."

"Fine! I'm trying to say that, it's not enough reason to change our church" I said, this time with fluent English.
"Now don't you feel good with yourself; don't you like how you sound?" He asked, completely naked, his clothes crying to be picked from the floor as he enters the bathroom.
"Bekee abụghị asụsụ m" ("English is not my mother tongue") I said, following him. I actually felt good, I no go lie.

"A pastor or man of God as he claims to be, looked down and used abusive words on someone, a member, just because his gift of intention or whatever, wasn't as bountiful as the other family isn't enough reason to leave a church?" He asked, entering the bathtub and turning on the shower. "All hands are not equal, for screaming out loud babe, that was wrong, considering his spiritual level. Is that what the church is now teaching us? Is that how Christianity is being interpreted? Please, I'm not saying a word again about this, we're changing our church. Just the district." He ended, baptizing his hair with soap as I watch him bath. A ritual I'd say.

He was right, it was such an unpleasant sense from anyone, talk more him, a head pastor.

BIMBO AND DAMILOLA

"Babe, you know when we finally tie the knot, we won't be going to different churches, one of us will have to do the sacrifice" I said changing out from my church wear as Dami laid on the bed, pressing his phone, and laughing at my statement. His church closes earlier than mine. "I'm serious" I sobbed.
"I didn't say you weren't Babe" he said, keeping his phone aside as he sits up. "I'm sorry for laughing, it's how you said 'one of us will do the sacrifice', like if we're doing all those ritual stuffs they do in movies." he ended, suppressing his laugh.

"Okey, so you'll be doing the sacrifice. Right?" I said, giving him a puppy face.
"Noooo" he stressed before returning back to his former position. I know he's trying to dodge this, but not today.
"Come on babe, we need to finally, actually talk about this. You like shying away anytime I bring up this discussion." I said, wiping of my makeup with my favourite Argon oil wipes as I head to the standing mirror.
"I don't want to; it's going to be stressful, don't get me wrong" he said, his attention still on his phone.

"Then make me get you right. We can't go to different churches, it doesn't make sense and it'll destroy our marriage." I said, bringing out the last wipe for the day.
"You don't have to lie to me to win an argument Bimbo." He said, tossing his phone on the bed and sitting up straight as he reaches the edge of the bed.
"I'm not lying babe, it happens" I said, heading to the dresser to pick up a stool.
"Who told you we can't go to different churches since we obviously don't want to go to each others church?" He said as I sit in front of him.

"You of all people should know church rules. Every church advises their members to marry from the same church, and I know some marriages that went south due to cases like this." I said, taking his palms. "I love you, and I just want us to make this right." I ended.
"I know of so many families or couples who went to different churches and still lived in peace and love. My parents are an example. We are not those people, we are we" he said, adjusting himself on the bed. "What's really wrong with you coming to my church?" He ended.
Sincerely, I don't feel good leaving this part of my my comfort zone.