16. 2 months later

I can't believe how well I'm connecting with Avery. Especially because she has actually helped me through a lot. With the whole Danny situation. The only problem is, I haven't spoken to her in about 3 weeks. She knows why. But, When I'm with her, I forget I'm getting a divorce and that my kids are living with their grandma just so Danny and I can work this out properly. I've spoken to Jack about it. He didn't take it very well, but he felt sorry for me... For some reason. I didn't tell him why we were getting a divorce exactly. He seemed to take it well but not so well, at the same time. Ava is too young to understand. All I know is, she will be asking where I am when Danny moves out. It's been 2 months already. Time is flying. Our court hearing is in a few weeks. So that's weird. I'm going to lose my kids. That's the only real, hard pain I'm feeling. But I've accepted the fact, I cannot care for them the way she will. I work too much. It's just not going to work, I doubt I would get full custody anyway. It's usually the male that suffers that pain. But, I'll have them during the weekends and holidays, so it's better than not seeing them.

3 weeks earlier

'Avery... Can I see you for a minute' I asked her as the class finished. She packed her things and walked over to my desk. I waited for all the students to leave.

'Everything alright?' She asked sweetly.

'Umm, not exactly...' She frowned 'I'm going to have to... Cancel our after school classes for a while... And all contact with you... Just for a little bit' she looked shocked.

'W- what? Why?'

'Reasons... But, don't worry. I know you can do well in the subject without me... I'll grade them a little higher because I know what you're capable of'

'What... No... I don't need pity grades... Why do you have to block me out completely?'

'I have my reasons... Ones you wouldn't understand'

'I understand more than you think... Please... Just tell me' she raised her voice a little.

'Avery!' I raised mine 'I can't see you after school hours... During school is fine... I have.... Priorities... My kids'

'I understand.... Mr. Davidson' My heart sunk into my stomach when she called me that. I'm so used to hearing her say Alex. She is mad. But I'm doing this for her and my kids. I want shared custody and I will go to these extents to get it. Avery will understand... Later.

Avery's POV:

'I'm so hurt! I don't even know why!' I sobbed to Maddie, explaining what he had told me today.

'You really are crazy about him... I've never seen you cry over someone like this... Not including your family'

'Yeah, well... You aren't wrong'

'Do you think... Danny has something to do with this? Ohhh, and she is using custody of the kids to.. Like... Bribe him?'

'Ohh, my god. Do you think? I mean... He did say 'Priorities... My kids' so that makes sense... And she hates me'

'Mmhmm... Maybe because she knows she would lose the kids, she is doing everything in her power to stop him from getting custody'

'Oh god, Maddie, you're a genius... I shouldn't be upset or mad... He needs me more than ever!'

'Well... He needs you to stay away for a while'

'Exactly... He needs me to be invisible to him. I won't interact with him in any way... That way... Danny won't have proof of any kind'

'Perfect... Problem solved... But seriously, how will you ignore him completely. You can't not look at him for more than 5 minutes'

'Yeah. That will be tough. But Ill have to do it'