III. Night Three: Wax Candles

Vincent sits atop the rock like the other night before him. He has nothing in particular to do for the night. Seeing as he's just waiting for the sun to set, he puts some music on and waits.

He nods his head sideways, bopping to the music, before he feels an odd compulsion to take his headphones off. He does so and he looks down to yawns. He hears quiet footsteps coming toward him. It must be Larry and his kid that he, for some reason, brought to work. He looks up and notices three silhouettes.

What was going on?

The shadows appear to be the three old men, or rather, the three fired old men, "You're not supposed to be here," Vincent watches two of them walk around him and toward the tablet, "Hey. Woah. You can't take that."

He goes to get off the sarcophagus, but is helped by Gus. He's shoved to the ground, thanks to being cross-legged, and groans with a hand to his head. He sits up and his head is slammed into the stone holding up the pharaoh's coffin. He curses.

Vincent is pushed to the ground and kicked in his side. He curls up; he never was much of a fighter. His head is slammed into the floor, and he goes unconscious.

The first thing Vincent hears when he wakes up is screaming. It doesn't help that he has a raging headache on the incline. He sits up and chokes out a breath. There's banging from the sarcophagus, and clearly, Ahkmenrah isn't happy; then again, when is he.

"Nice to see you too, Ahkmenrah," Vincent strains, he slowly climbs his way up, using the stone to lift himself up and steady his balance.

Metallic fills Vincent's mouth, he spits onto the ground. It comes out red. He wipes his mouth with his hands, trailing a still red liquid. He cleans his hands off on his pants and sees two figures coming at him.

Larry and his son enter the room with haste, the Anubis statues guarding it aren't happy. Larry nods over Vincent and the two of them push the stone off of the sarcophagus. Both of them reach down and pull a metal notch from the side of its home and the top of the sarcophagus is pushed off. It hits the wall and a mummy rises from within.

"Holy shit," Vincent mumbles, he steps back from the sight.

"Hey. Hi. How are you doing? Sorry to bother you, but- uh- your guys there? Your jackal guys?" Larry points at the Anubis statues that were crouching in front of the corridor, "Do you think you could actually ask them to back off, please?" Larry speeds up in nervousness, "'Cause we're not trying to hurt you, and I think they think we are. Think you could possibly do it, like, now?"

The pharaoh tells the guards something in another language and they stop their attack. Ahkmenrah steps out of his sarcophagus and begins taking off his face wrapping.

Nicky holds onto Larry, frightened. The wrapping comes off and the pharaoh coughs out sand and dust into Larry's face.

"You would not believe how stuffy it is in there," the pharaoh says, he has a British accent.

"How can you speak English?" Nicky says, the pharaoh isn't some scary, decomposing flesh mound, he's a handsome, gorgeous, man.

"I went to Cambridge University," he starts walking around

"You went to Cambridge?" Larry asks.

"I was on display in the Egyptology Department," he glances at Vincent before turning around to look at Larry, "I am Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king, ruler of the land of my fathers."

"Uh, I am, uh, Larry," he pauses, "Son of Milton, and this is my son, Nick. And we hail from Brooklyn," Larry expands, "Well, I do. I mean, he comes out and stays with me on Wednesdays and every other weekend. That was the- uh- custody agreement that we had."