Chapter 1 Prepare to Drop

The Rookie

The Rookie

The newest member of the Alpha-Nine ODST Squadron was soundly asleep. The young trooper and his squad were within a frigate, hovering over the super city of New Mombasa.

Four of his squad mates stood around a holo-table, a violet hologram of the Covenant Carrier floating over the city was on full display.

Romeo, the Sharpshooter.
Mickey, the demolitions expert.
Dutch, the heavy weapons specialist.
Palmer, the CQC expert.

Mickey: The Navy put up a good fight.

Dutch: Of course they did. It's Earth.

Romeo: Better late than never-

Their sharpshooter was elbowed in the side.

Romeo: Hey!

Palmer: Why don't you show some respect?

Romeo: I'm just saying! They missed one. . .

As if taunting the ODSTs, the projection of the Covenant Carrier flared. The four all jumped as a helmet with a color shifting magenta visor was slammed on the table. A young woman had arrived, unnatural violet eyes glowed with how pale her skin was. Raven colored hair dropped to her shoulders, lavender highlights sprinkled across the black. The ODST crossed her arms and leveled herself with her team. . .

Amethyst, the pilot.

Amethyst: No, they left it for us. (Smirks) Now gear up, we're dropping right about-

The yellow lights on the ceiling began to flare along with an alarm.

Amethyst: -now.

And as if on queue, the last two members of the squad arrived.

Buck, the Commanding Officer.
Dare, the ONI Operative.

Buck: Alright, you know the music. It's time to dance.

The team looked to him and his partner with varying emotions. The girls immediately noticed the ONI insignia burned onto her helmet. And the boys were more focused on the armor itself. . . except for one.

Romeo: Well, hello beautiful.

Palmer: (Dryly) What? Tired of us already?