The Defense of Alnus Hill

Sadera, the capital of the Empire, the apex of civilization in the world, the home of the Imperial Royal Family, and the dominate nation on the continent of Falmart.

They impressive city was home to the most important and influential figures in the Empire. Ranging from nobility and royalty, to scholars and mages. Palaces and decorated the skyline, but the one building that stood out the most was the Imperial Royal Palace at the center of the capital. The lower districts were home to the average Imperial citizens, while also criminals and demi-humans as well. Several aqueducts brought the city water from the mountains, allowing the city's inhabitants to remain hydrated.

For many years the Empire had reigned as the dominate faction in Falmart. With its influence over various vassals, and its slave trade making up a good portion of its economy. But now, as situation has risen. Just south of Sadera, lied the holy hill known as Alnus, where according to legend, a gate would appear, a gate that lead to another world. This had occurred rarely, as only the Gods themselves could do such things. Some people from beyond the gate would even migrate to Falmart.

However now in the present, something completely different had occurred. Instead of one, TWO gates had appeared at Alnus Hill. The Empire, immediately mobilized a decent portion of its military into to expeditionary forces to send through both gates to claim the land as their own...only for both armies to be pushed back by the people on the other side. Thus, putting the Empire at war with two unknown factions.

Now, within the Imperial Senate, a debate was being held to see what the Empire's course of action must be. The room was already divided; pro-peace senators clashing against pro-war nationalists. One senator addressed the Senate, and the Emperor: the Marqui Casel El Tiberius. While Casel was a member of the pro-peace faction, he was greatly respected by his allies and rivals, even the Emperor himself.

 While Casel was a member of the pro-peace faction, he was greatly respected by his allies and rivals, even the Emperor himself

"My lord, the Gate situation is a utter catastrophe." Casel stated as he addressed the Senate and Emperor, "I am sorry to report that over 60 percent of the Imperial Army is now gone!" How do you propose we respond to this situation!? How do you intent to lead the nation in the face of such a crisis?"

The room erupted into murmurs as Molt Sol Augustus, the Emperor of the Empire spoke up. The man's face showed little to no worry at all.

 The man's face showed little to no worry at all