Helping Hand

Thalia POV

Saturday Night (a little after 11pm)

Sitting up with a start, Thalia felt her blood running cold. Her heart was hammering and she had goosebumps, sweat trickling down her back.

Her vision was a little blurry and her hearing was nearly muted, muffled.

She was able to make out the infirmary and she turned to her left, seeing Leo unconscious in the bed next to her.

Then it came back to her.

Fighting the Titan Lord with Leo, Percy and Clarisse while hoping that Nico would show up and end the beating they all were taking.

It had been going pretty bad and all she could remember was trying to get an opening after Kronos had knocked Percy off his feet and after than her mind went blank.

"Thals? You okay?" A voice said to her through the haze.

She turned sluggishly, still waking up as she made out the familiar shape on the right of her.

Blinking, she gave her friend a warm smile as her vision cleared. "I'm fine, Annie. How are you? What's going on?" She asked.

Annabeth tried for a smile, her eyes red. She'd been crying. She was covered in more cuts and bruises than before and Thalia remembered that she had joined the war sometime before Thalia went to aid Percy.

"A Hydra showed up. There's 3 heads left but we only have two more jars of Greek fire. We have to burn the stumps after cutting off the head-"

"So they don't regrow. Where's Kronos?" She cut in.

Annabeth motioned across her throat with her thumb. "Percy and Clarisse killed him." She replied.

Thalia nodded once, noticing the golden double sided axe that was propped against the wall. It gave off a type of heat, a signature that made Thalia's skin crawl. It was a relic. Supposedly the one that Clarisse was supposed to wield.

"Where are Percy and Clarisse?" Thalia asked.

Just then, the door opened and Piper came into the infirmary with an exasperated expression.

"Hey girls, feeling okay?" She asked, pulling up a chair between Thalia's and Annabeth's bed.

Thalia tilted her head. "How are you? I heard I missed a lot." She replied.

Piper nodded gravely. "Yeah, that hydra is a pain. It...it needs to die."

"Where's Percy?" Thalia asked again.

"He's out front with the rest of the campers, taking a short break so to speak. Trying to come up with a way to beat this thing." She answered.

Thalia nodded. She felt a little better knowing her cousin was still alive though he shouldn't have been in no condition to fight a hydra. Leave it to him to fight through the pain. Thalia could barely hold her own self up, her limbs were heavy and her body ached more than she cared to admit. Her head was another issue altogether.

As much as they needed Leo, he wouldn't be of much use when he woke up either.

She also wondered how Clarisse was still up and about. Leave it to her to love a good massacre.

This made Thalia chuckle, clutching her ribs with a wince.

Annabeth made a face and Piper chuckled a little too. "What is it, girl?" She asked.

Thalia waved them off. "I'm just assuming Clarisse is still fighting through the pain along with Percy. Those two have a tolerance that would put shame to the greatest. Coming from someone who has pretty high pain tolerance myself." She explained.