Chapter Eight: Bruno's Vision

It cut to the three children from the beginning of the film, who stood outside in the town looking up at Casita. A few thunder strikes had them running back home to their parents. It quickly changed again to Abuela and Mirabel's parents all standing inside of the cracking Casita.

ABUELA- "You should have told me the second you saw the vision. Think of the family."

"Is Mirabel not part of the family?" Bruno questioned.

"Of course she is." Abuela answered. "My vision was clouded. And I am so sorry."

AGUSTÍN- "I was thinking of my daughter."

"Gracias, Papi." Mirabel smiled at her Dad.

He smiled in return, slightly nodding his head.

Then, snow began to fill the frame.

ABUELA- "Pepa, calm down."

"Ay..." Abuela said as she shook her head. "How many times have I hurt this family?" She asked to no one in particular.

PEPA- "I'm doing my best."

FÉLIX- "Yes."

PEPA- "You're lucky it's not a hurricane!"

JULIETA- "Mamá, you've always been too hard on Mirabel."

ABUELA- "Look around. We must protect our family, our encanto. We cannot lose our home."

A small knock on the door captured their attention.

TOWNSPERSON 7- "Señora, perdón. People in town are becoming anxious about the magic. They want to see you.

ABUELA- "Mirabel was in that vision for a reason. Find her."

oOoOoOoOo

Suddenly, it switched back to Mirabel and Bruno in Antonio's room. A loud bang shook the room startling all of the animals.

MIRABEL- "We might wanna hurry."

BRUNO- "You can't hurry the future. Um..."

A capybara sat in the way of where Bruno was supposed to pour the sand circle. He sat there emotionless.

"Sorry, Chispi is kinda lazy. But he likes you! He wouldn't stop talking about you after you left." Antonio mused.

BRUNO- "What if I show you something worse? If I see something that you don't like , you're gonna be all, 'Bruno makes bad things happen. Oh, he's creepy and his vision killed my goldfish'."

"What's it with you and goldfish Tío?" Isabela asked.

"I have nothing against goldfish. People just don't take care of them properly."

MIRABEL- "I don't think you make bad things happen. Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rap. You can do this."

From off-screen Antonio's small hands could be seen passing his stuffed jaguar to Bruno who took it with a confused look on his face. It then cut to Antonio leaning against his real-life jaguar.

ANTONIO- "For the nerves."

"Does he have a name too?" Julieta asked.

"Yep! His name is Parce!" Antonio beamed.

"Parce?" Camilo cringed. "What kinda name is that?"

"Hey! I didn't name him. His parents did. And that's not very nice Camilo." Antonio informed his older brother.

BRUNO- "I can do this. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. You might wanna hang on."

From there Bruno began performing the steps it took to complete a vision. The wind picked up and sand surrounded the pair as images began to appear. Mirabel looked half in shock and the other in awe.