PART 14

Cladded in a red saari with embroidery at its borders hayat stood in front of the mirror looking at herself. Her hands were filled with mehandi while her wrists were adorned with bangles.

"hayat" ada her friend entered the room and a wide smile played on her lips seeing hayat looking so beautiful in her wedding attire.

"mashallah boht khubsurat lag rahi hai tu, hayat" ada hugged her making her smile softly.

"rehman bhai jaan aa rahe hain bss, phir jana hai hume. theek hai?" holding her hands ada looked at her with a warm smile as hayat nodded at her.

Finally the day has come and she still couldn't believe. It's been two weeks when she was admitted to the hospital. Once she was discharged and at her home, her father had apologised to her for hurting her and not caring about her happiness.

He had agreed to her marriage with ansh and the marriage he had fixed, he himself broke and apologised to the family. Though the other family was upset but they didn't make a issue and politely accepted the rejection.

Hayat was thrilled the way her life took a turn and now all she could see around herself was happiness. Every person that mattered to her was happy and most importantly she was happy.

Ansh couldn't wait to make her his. He was going impatient for their marriage which made the families take the earliest date possible. He would not be able to sleep without her at nights but they were not allowed to meet each other before marriage.

Ansh had tried many times to sneak out and meet her but his father would catch him every time. Guess what, he could never win from his father who was enjoying torchering his son pretty much.

"hayat, aa jayen. sab aapka intezar kar rahe hain" her brother's voice brought her back from the memories of last two weeks.

Rehman forwarded his hand to her giving her his big smile. He was happy for his sister and the way things turned out.

Smiling back at her brother hayat kept her hand in her brother's hand as he led her out of the room. Slowly they made their way downstairs where her family was waiting for them.

"mashallah, nazar na lage humari bachi ko" her mother hugged her with tears brimming in her eyes. The tears were of joy, the happiness of her daughter.

"hayat, boht sundar lag rahi hain aap" her father kept his hand on her head making her smile. She was so happy with the way her father has been showing his love for his children these days.

"shukriya abbu. shukriya har cheez k liye" holding his hands hayat thanked him feeling emotional that in few hours she would leave her family.

____________________________

"Handsome lag raha hai aaj pehli baar" sidharth commented as he stood at the door of ansh's room who was standing in front of the looking at himself over and over again.

"Dad" ansh whined turning towards him making sidharth chuckle.

"nervous hai?" walking to him sidharth stood in front of him observing his son with a smile on his face.

"yeah! Is it normal?" ansh ran his hand through his hair in nervousness.

"of course, it's normal. just relax. sab sahi hoga" sidharth adjusted his sherwani while his eyes were glistening with a slight layer of moistness.

He was happy for his son. He was happy that ansh was finally marrying his love but at the same time he was going through this realisation that his children are grown up. They are slowly starting their new lives.

Today ansh was getting married and in few years zara would also get married. The thought of zara going away from him made him feel breathless. He could not bear that thought.