𝟢𝟢𝟥. 𝗇𝖾𝗐𝗌

𝗋𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗒
𝟫:𝟤𝟥𝗉𝗆
𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗅𝖾𝗒, 𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗂𝗌𝗂𝖺𝗇𝖺

•••

I pace back and forth, waiting for the answer to appear.

"Girl calm down, you look like you bout to shit yourself," Ivone says sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

"I'm not getting an abortion if I am."

"Why not?"

"Because I have to deal with the consequences of my actions. I can afford it."

"Girl, just kill it."

"No bitch. I got this."

"What if Autumn doesn't want it? You know he's a bit of a public figure..."

"And? He should've checked the condom before he put it on. If he doesn't want a child then he doesn't have to be here for us; like I said, I can take care of it."

"I mean do what you think is best."

I grab the pregnancy test off of the edge of the sink to see if the results are clear.

I take a deep breath.

"How am I gonna tell him?" I look up at Ivone with a tear falling down my face.

"Awww," she hugs me, "I'll be there if you want me to. I'm gonna be a auntie!"

I chuckle and wipe the tears off my face as she jumps up and down.

"Wow. I'm actually pregnant bruh. How am I even gonna tell my family?"

"Don't worry about that. All you need to be thinking about is taking care of yourself. Don't stress too much, just worry about having a healthy pregnancy."

"I'm really gonna go through this," I take a deep breath.

"Yep, you sure are. You're gonna be the hottest mom ever!" Ivone hugs me tighter.

I chuckle, "I love you girl."

"I love you too."

Days went by as I continued to try and figure out how I'm going to tell Autumn. I know I should have told him as soon as I found out, but this is serious news and I really want to tell him the best way possible.

I know he's on tour right now, and telling him this information would distract him from his shows.

I just don't want him to be mad at me or upset at me.

Men are weird, so he might try to gaslight me or something.

"Prince just sent me his number. Here, call him." Ivone says as I copy the number from her phone.

I take a deep breath and click FaceTime.

"Yo, who is th- oh hey Riley," Autumn says. "Prince gave you my number?"

"Yeah, listen I'm not tryna bother you or whatever, but I have some news. Some serious news."

"Please don't tell me you got a STD," he sighs.

"Nigga no."

"Then what?"

I sigh, "I'm pregnant. Listen, I'll understand if you don't want to be apart of the baby's life, but I'm not getting an abortion so-

I was cut off by him laughing.

I furrow my brows, "...why are you laughing?"

"I think you called the wrong nigga. I wrapped my shit up."

"Yeah, I know you did. But you also forgot to check the condom before you put it on."

"Uh, no I didn't," he says. "There was no hole I put that on god."

"Then- how the hell am I pregnant?"

"I don't know. Who else you done had sex with?"

"No fucking body...did you put the condom on right?"

"What you mean?"

"Like did you leave the little space at the end for it to catch your sperm?"

His smile turned to a straight face.

"Autumn...that's literally sex one-o-one."

"I was in a rush, you was looking too good ian wanna keep you waiting."

"Yea and now I'm pregnant."

He shakes his head, "Damn, I'm sorry."

"Sorry? That's all you have to say right now?"

"Listen, I know how it feels growing up without a dad, so of course I'll be there for my child. It was my fault so I gotta take responsibility."

"...so you're actually gonna be there for us?"

"Riley, I'm not a horrible human being. I don't know why you think that."

"So, how do you think your girlfriend is gonna react?"

"Girlfriend- that was a fan who called me that!"

"Oh-

"Yeah, 'oh'. Riley you're a good person. I wouldn't intentionally hurt you, so I apologize if I have hurt you in any kind of way. I just want us to get along because Ian tryna have no fucking baby mama drama."

"Respectable. I accept your apology."

"Ight, I'll be back in Louisiana tomorrow. You set a doctors appointment?"

"I was going to do that today."

"Okay, I'll text you when I touch down. Message me your address."

"Alright."

"Be safe," he says.

We hang up and I let out the biggest breath of air I've ever had.

"Seee," Ivone hugs me. "It wasn't that hard. And he wants to be in the baby's life!"

"This is still crazy though."

"I couldn't imagine. You got this though, I believe in you."

"You really my biggest cheerleader for real girl."

"Duh, you was there for me when I went through the toughest time of my life."

"You're gonna be a good auntie."

I get out my laptop and set up the doctors appointment, then me and Ivone order some Chinese food and chill for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow will be the first time I see Autumn since we...you know.

That should be fun.