Chapter One

"Hey honey,"

"Aug you look like a banshee more than normal,"

"Auggie I want cereal,"

The only reply to them was my breathing, which was deep because I was trying to keep in a breakdown. 

"Auggieeeeeeeeeeee,"

I finally gave in. "Hi dad, shut up Les and GIVE ME A GODDAMN MINUTE RY." 

A year ago making coffee was a simple mindless thing I did all the time, now it feels like a task. I want to go back to then. I answered the demands of my family and sat down with my book and coffee. I patiently waited for a cloud to set over my brain so I can finally escape reality, but the moment door was wide open. I was highly aware of the situation I was currently in. My gap year didn't have much of a gap left. I could already see the other side. How will these boys live without me? How can I go before I've taken my chance?

My wants and choices are silly. I need to leave them behind in this stupid town. I take that back. I love this town, it is not stupid. I just... I can't explain it. I can't go yet. 

Dad's voice sucked me back into my sucky hiding place in the real world.

"Aug, the Cotwell's are coming over today, can you help we with the barbeque later?"

Oh great. Him.

"Yeah okay dad,"

The Cotwell's are a huge part of our lives, they've always been there for us through and through. James is a Cotwell. I hope that clears up confusion because it's all I can say.

I linger over his contact, wondering what would happen if I were to call him right here right now. I could do it. Yeah. Maybe I could.