03

"Jinki!"

"Jinki!"

"Yeah?"

Minho receives a yell from upstairs back to his yell as he walked through the door.

Minho follows the two soulmates that are with him as they run up the stairs.

"What's up?" Jinki asks, pulling his headphones off as his soulmates enter the room.  "Why do you all look like you've been crying?"

The three boys look at each other and it's only then that they realize that their eyes are red and their cheeks are tear-stained.  They turn back to Jinki before Kibum replies.

"Well, this one," Kibum gestures to Taemin, "tried to go for a walk and was ambushed by paparazzi, and Minho and I went for a drive and I may or may not have had a mental breakdown."

"Oh no, do you want a hug?"

"Yes, definitely."

Kibum sits on Jinki and wraps his arms tightly around his soulmate as Minho and Taemin move to the closet to change for the night.

"I thought I saw him," Kibum whispers once he knows that Taemin is far enough away.  "I tried to- I couldn't get to him."

"That's alright, honey.  I'll find him, trust me.  You trust me, right?"

"Of course I trust you.  I want him back so bad."

"I know, I know.  Now go get changed while talk to Taemin."

"Alright."

Jinki kisses Kibum's forehead  and helps him up before Taemin is right in front of him.

"I thought you were just going to walk around the garden, darling.  Why'd you go out the gate?"

"I was going to go to the store and get some ice cream for you," Taemin pouts.  "I didn't think there'd be that many people out there."

"You don't need to get anything for me," Jinki pulls Taemin into his arms.  "And if you really want to go to the store, we'll all go with you."

"Ok.  Maybe tomorrow."

"Alright.  Ready for bed?"

"Yeah."

"Well go on, I'll be there in a second."

"No, come with me now, please."

Taemin looks at Jinki in the way that he knows will make the older agree.

"Alright, alright.  Just stop looking at me like that."

"Yay!"

Jinki presses save and closes his computer before allowing Taemin to pull him towards the bed.

"Were you going to bed soon?" Taemin asks, taking notice of Jinki already in his pajamas.

"Yeah, but I was waiting for you all to come home."

"Aw, that's sweet," Minho comments.  "Now get in the bed, I'm tired."

"I'm going, calm down."

Jinki lays down next to Minho, seeing as he finds the man's presence the most comforting.  That's his husband right there, and he's determined to make everything alright for all of them.

Jinki lays face to face with Minho in order to check on him as he had with the other two.

"Are you alright?" Jinki asks.

"Yes, of course."

"No, you're not."

"No, I'm not," Minho sighs.

"How can I help you, love?"

"Just hold me, please.  I don't want to talk about it tonight."

"Alright."

Jinki does as Minho requests and wraps his arms around the boy.

It's only after receiving a kiss on the cheek from Jinki that Minho can relax and begin to fall asleep.

****

"Please."

. . .

"Help."

. . .

"Taemin."

. . .

"Jinki."

. . .

"Minho."

. . .

"Kibum."

. . .

There's a soft sigh as Jonghyun loses his voice and stops trying to speak.

Sometimes he thinks he can hear Taemin's voice or see the shadow of Minho, but it's been awhile since he's seen anyone at all.

The majority of the time that Jonghyun's been in this room, he's either been sleeping or crying.  He does, in fact, eat the food that is brought to his room because he wants to be alive when his soulmates arrive to get him, and Jonghyun knows that they will show up to get him.

Jonghyun holds onto the feeling of Jinki touching his face and Kibum holding his hands.  He can still see Minho's pretty face and Taemin's beautiful smile.

He misses his soulmates and he would do almost anything to be back in their arms.

// should I do a slow lead up to save him or save him right away? hmmmmmmm