04

// tw: brief violence

"Where are you going?" Minho asks sleepily, grabbing Jinki's hand as he passes the bed.

"I have to go follow a lead," Jinki replies.

"Can I come with?"

"Sure, honey.  I'll wait for you downstairs, ok?"

"Ok."

Jinki goes downstairs and just does little things like cleaning the counter and rinsing out Minho's water bottle before filling it with fresh water for him.

"Do I need to change?" Minho asks, walking into the room in his pajama pants and a sweatshirt.

"Nah, you look cute like that," Jinki smiles and winks at his soulmate.  "Let's go."

"Ok."

Jinki hand Minho his water bottle and wallet before grabbing his own and the keys to the car.

They make it to the company building and park in the underground lot.

"Minho," Jinki turns to face Minho.  "I have something to ask you and you can totally say no, but it would make me a lot more comfortable."

"Go ahead, ask me."

"Would it be possible for you to stay in contact with me the whole time we're in the company building?  Like hold my hand or put your finger in my belt loop so I know you're there."

"Of course, honey, especially if it would make you feel comfortable."

"Thank you, love."

"Why are we here, by the way?"

"I found out that a couple of people from the company already behind Jonghyun's disappearance and I'm going to confront them with Euisoo hyung's help." (Euisoo is SHINee's manager)

"Woah, really?"

"Yeah."

"You should've told me! I would've changed my clothes!"

"Aw, but you're so cute."

"I wouldn't have worn my pajamas if I'd have known that we'd be intimidating people."

"I'm intimidating people," Jinki laughs softly.  "You're here to look cute and keep me sane."

"Ok.  Let's go inside, then."

"Alright."

Jinki gets out of the car and moves to Minho's side.  He opens the door and helps Minho out, pulling him into a soft kiss.

"I love you," Jinki whispers.

"I love you, too," Minho replies.

Jinki kisses the back of Minho's hand before closing the door and locking the car as they walk away.  He leads Minho to the elevator and they get to be alone as they go up to the lobby to check in.

Minho notices Jinki staring at one of the walls, particularly the one with an image of SHINee.

"We'll find him, I believe in us and I believe in you."

"I miss him."

"Me, too."

Jinki reaches out and brushes a finger over Jonghyun's face on the picture.

The elevator stops and the doors start to open, causing Jinki to pull his hand back abruptly and look Minho.

Minho gives a small smile to Jinki before walking with him out the door.  He trails slightly behind Jinki as they go to Euisoo's office and find Euisoo standing outside, waiting for them.

"Hey, you two.  How are you?" Euisoo greets.

"We're ok right now," Minho replies with a soft smile.

"Thank you, hyung, for all your help."

Jinki pats Euisoo's shoulder in reassurance when he sees the man frown.

"You're welcome," Euisoo replies with a soft sigh.  "I really wish you didn't have to go through this."

"I know, but there's only so much you can protect us from."

"I wish I could've protected you from this." As Euisoo frowns deeper, he shakes his head before continuing with whay he was saying.  "Let's go deal with these bastards and get Jonghyun back.  I have Mei in my office and Minjun is with Jaesung.  Was there anyone else?" (Jaesung is Euisoo's soulmate)

"No, just those two.  Have you talked to them?"

"Yeah.  Mei admitted that her job was to just lure Jonghyun out of the building, but Minjun supposedly brought him to where he is and knows where he is."

"And let me guess," Jinki rolls his eyes.  "He's not talking?"

"Nope."

"Alright.  Can you call the police while I go talk to Minjun?"

"Sure."

Jinki takes off, Minho at his side, towards the room that Minjun is in.

"So, you're the coward that knows where my soulmate is," Jinki says.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Minjun replies.

"See, now here's the thing, I know you know where my soulmate is, and I'd like to know where he is."

Jinki slams his hands down on the table but manages to keep his cool as he feels Minho's finger hook through his belt loop.

Minjun lets out a taunting laugh, making eye contact with Jinki.

"What are you gonna do? Hit me in front of your little soulma-"

Minjun is cut off by Jinki punching him in the face.

Minho smirks a little as he watches Minjun spit out blood.

"Don't you dare mention him! Tell me where the fuck my soulmate is and maybe we'll give you a head start before the police arrive."

At the mention of the police, Minjun goes pale.

"You would let him go?" Minho whispers softly in Jinki's ear.

Jinki discreetly shakes his head as he keeps his eyes on Minjun.

"Are you going to tell me or not? Because my manager called the police before I even stepped in this room."

By the time Jinki and Minho leave the room, they have the location of their missing soulmate written on a piece of paper.

"Euisoo hyung," Jinki calls, voice nearly breaking as he hands the paper to Euisoo.  "Will you give this to the police and pick up Taemin and Kibum?"

"Of course.  Go wait in your practice room."

// we love a strong leader