09

"Hey Minho?" Jonghyun whispers.

"Yeah?"

"You still there?"

"Yes, my love.  I'm still here. Do you want to talk?"

"Yeah."

Minho props his head up on his hand to look at Jonghyun.

"What should we do tomorrow?" Minho asks.

"Can we get my hair cut? And maybe go to the makeup store?"

"Of course we can.  What kind of haircut do you want?"

"I think I want bangs again," Jonghyun replies and blows some hair out of his eyes.  "I don't know, though."

"You'd look extra cute with bangs.  We can even get it dyed if you want."

"I want it back to black."

"Alright.  So we'll get your hair cut and dyed, and then we'll go to the makeup store and get you some pretty stuff."

"That sounds nice.  Can we go to your mom's salon?"

"Sure." Minho leans down to kiss Jonghyun's cheek before speaking again.  "Are you feeling sleepy yet?"

"A little. Can we cuddle?"

"Of course, my love."

Minho wraps his arms around Jonghyun and holds tight.

**

When Jonghyun wakes up, Minho is still next to him, as promised.  He rolls over, laying his head on Minho's shoulder.

"What are you reading?" Jonghyun asks softly.

"I'm proofreading an article for Jinki," Minho replies.  "He's really dedicated to starting a news outlet, and his first article is about us."

"Aw, that's cute. Is it good?"

"It is. It's basically about why we're starting these new projects and a little bit about what happened to you."

"Oh, cool.  Will you ask him to put what happened in the hospital?"

"Why don't you go ask him, love? He's just in the next room."

"Ok."

Jonghyun receives a kiss on the cheek from Minho before he stands and exits the room.  He finds Jinki in the next room, immediately sitting right next to him.

"Hey, what's up?" Jinki greets.

"Minho told me about your article," Jonghyun replies.  "Would it be possible to add what happened at the hotel?"

"Which part? The reporter in your room or the fans outside?"

"Uh, both? I guess? People need to know how the privacy of idols is being violated, but they should also see the kindness of fans and how much that means to us."

"Alright.  Would you want to write that part?"

"No, you can write it.  It's your debut article, and I don't think I ever want to relive that moment."

"Ok, love."

"Babe!" Kibum exclaims, running into the room.  "What if my show is a talk show and it's a different idol every week? Oh, hi Jonghyun! How are you? Did you sleep?"

"Hi! I slept, and I'm feeling pretty good today."

"That's great! Have you eaten?"

"Not yet."

"Then let's go."

Kibum pulls Jonghyun up and out of the room.

"Wait! What about your show idea? Oh, never mind." Jinki gives up and goes back to writing.

Kibum and Jonghyun find Taemin in the kitchen, rearranging Jonghyun's roses.

"Taemin! I brought Jonghyun."

"Ah, my love!" Taemin reaches out to pull Jonghyun into a hug.  "I missed seeing you here every morning.  I love you."

"I love you, too." Jonghyun hugs Taemin back tightly.  "Have you eaten? Can I make breakfast?"

"I have not eaten. You can cook if you want to."

"I'd like to.  I want pancakes."

"Alright."

Jonghyun puts his phone on the counter with his playlist at full volume as he cooks.  He makes enough for himself and all of his soulmates, knowing that they probably haven't eaten.

"Hey baby?" Jonghyun asks.

"Yeah?"

"Go get the others, please."

"Ok."

Jonghyun is left with Kibum.  He plates the food and sits next to his soulmate, leaning on his shoulder.

"Key?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Kibum leans his head on Jonghyun's as they wait for their other soulmates.

*****

As Taemin moves through his day, he's followed by Jonghyun.

"My love. Are you ok?" Taemin stops suddenly in the hallway, causing Jonghyun to almost crash into him.

"I'm ok.  Would you like me to stop following you?"

"Why don't you walk with me instead of following me?"

"Oh, ok, sorry."

"Don't apologize, come here." Taemin takes Jonghyun's hand in his so they're standing side by side.  "There, that's better.  Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Jonghyun asks, swinging their hands between them.

"I'm going to figure out the choreography for my solo song."

"Oh, cool.  Do you want me to leave you alone for your rehearsal?"

"No, I don't. I'd love for you to come and help or just observe."

"I can try to help.  I don't know if I want to dance just yet.  I'm afraid I'd pass out."

"Are you feeling faint?" Taemin asks as they arrive in the room they designated as the dance room.  "Come sit here and you can watch."