a tale old as time

~~~~~~~~
characters:
grian
xisuma
~~
takes place in season 9

just ask for au info, stems from evo<3

hurt/comfort(i think)
~~
tw:
general angst
slight emotion abuse
physical abuse
mentions of physical abuse
attempted suicide
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<flashback>

young xelqua, a 16 year old male in high school. what high school? 'open wings preparatory high for watchers'. but also know as, from some students, "hell in heaven".

xelqua entered the school late, due to being from a smp that some watchers where assigned to.

watchers didnt choose their names, either the school board, elders, or parents did. young watchers had god like names, like 'xelqua', 'dream' or 'kaminar'. these two names in particular, where xelquas only friends. xelqua was in the school for two years now. but thats irrelevant now. lets get into the real story.

<xelqua POV>

"dream, im almost finished with your mask, calm the heck down" i said, rolling my eyes at the man in the messed up uniform. "jeez, im not even yelling.. yet-" dream replied, quieter at the 'yet' part. i rolled my eyes as i handed dream the mask, "set this on the cooling rack. it needs to cool before i finish it." i said, he took it and set it on the rack, noticing kaminar walk in. "hey kaminar!" dream said happily  "hey losers. xelqua, are you almost done with the masks?" kaminar asked, her tone monotone. "I- kami, these masks take hours. ive only just fin-" i got cut off by the speaker in the room.

"xelqua, please report to the west office. xelqua, please report to the west office." the speaker announced. "shit." i mumbled "what did you do??" kaminar exclaimed. "i dont know! i should get down there before they get mad.. hopefully see you soon!" i said, quickly exiting the room.

i arrived at the the office, timidly opening the door. i looked at the lady at the front desk she looked at me, "take a seat. the vice principal will bring you in shortly." the lady said, flexing her wings.

i wait for a bit, before seeing mr. nyx, the vice principal walked out of the staff office. "xelqua, please enter my office, i need to grab something." he said, walking out. i hurried into his office, fixing my uniform as i sat down. mr. nyx walked in. he sat down, "xelqua, it has come to my attention that the northern fighting club building has taken interest into you." he said, pushing his glasses up. "me? why?" i mumbled, puzzled. "the club leader was one of those who where watching over your old smp. he's been observing you for awhile" he informed. "i see... i accept." i said, "good. you will begin in the morning. every Wednesday you will take your normal classes." he replied. "your dismissed." he murmured, annoyed.

i scurried out of his office, looking at the time on my way out. i'd only been in there for 5 minutes, meaning i could still access the art room, luckily.

i entered the art room, kaminar and dream where still waiting for me. "sorry i was gone for so long." i said, dream and kami looked.. surprised?.. "the boy that lives-" dream said, his tone more surprised that his expression. "holy shit man- why'd you get called down??" kami said, her hands cuffed my face and practically yanked my head from side to side. "jeez guys- i'll tell you once you tell me why you guys are so surprised!" i said, lightly pushing kami away. "dude- people who go down there always get their asses beat by mr. nyx!" dream exclaimed. "huh. well.. i've never been down there." i started. "mr. nyx is transferring me into the northern fighting club building." i finished, scratching my neck. "wait, YOUR LEAVING US??" dream said, jokingly offended. "dude- we live in the same dorm. and across the hall is kaminar." i said, giving the small winged man a pat on the cheeks. "im there everyday besides Wednesday though!" i said happily. "we should get to our dorms. their gonna lock up the classrooms soon" kaminar said, looking up at the clock. i nodded and we exited the art room.

dream and i walked into our dorm, dream reheated some pasta, we ate and talked about school, i went to bed and quickly fell asleep.

<narrators POV>

that was. what. two years ago.? xelqua is 17 1/2. the trio is now in their 3rd year of high school.

<xelquas POV>

i punched the fighting bot, knocking it over. it quickly got up, i took a hit to my shoulder, right after i got back into fighting stance, and roundhouse kicked accidentally in the neck, sending its head flying, hitting the padded wall. shit.

"Jesus xelqua!" the club leader, mr. genesis screamed, walking to me. i tensed up as he slapped me across the face. "this is the third fucking time this week you useless sloth!" he snarled. "well maybe if you re-enforced its neck, that wouldn't happened!" i snapped back, but quickly regretted it.

he grabbed me by the wings, i yelped in pain as he dragged me outside. "go to your fucking dorm. i dont want to see you for the rest of the day." he said, dropping me. i got up and glared at him, then walked off.

i stormed into my dorm. paying no attention to dream and kaminar, i went to my room, slamming the dorm behind me.

<kaminars POV>

dream and I watched as xelqua stormed into the dorm, and go straight into his room, slamming the door.

"whats up with hi-" i began, being cut off with a loud thud, followed by "SHIT. FUCKING SHIT." yelled by xelqua. "nevermind." i mumbled. i looked at dream, who had a worried look on his face. "i'll check up on him." i said, getting up and walking to his room.

i knocked on the door. "xelqua? can i come in?" i said, keeping my voice light. "yea, fine." he replied, annoyed. i walked in, seeing him bandaging his hand, my eyes the looked at his bathroom door, which now had a hole in it. "oh.. xel..." i whispered, walking over to him. i sat next to him. "do you wanna talk about it?" i asked as he finished bandaging his hand. he shook his head 'no'. "do you just want a hug?" i said, sympathetically. he nodded and i wrapped my arms around the short blond man.

we sat there for a minute, dream walked in to check on us, he smiled and sat on the bed next to us, he wrapped his arms around the two of us and leaned onto the wall.

<xelquas POV>

I woke up around 2AM. its around 3AM now.

i wrote a note, dream was up. i walked out of my room, "im going on a walk around campus" i said, stretching my wings. dream nodded, i opened the door and swiftly threw my bag out without dream noticing. i looked back and smiled, i dropped the note and walked out the dorm, locking the door.

i picked up my bag and went to the stairwell, walking up, the dirty carpeted floors transitioned into metal as i approached the last floor, i opened the door and walked onto the roof. i set my bag down and opened it. i grabbed the chains and set them on the floor.

i took off my jacket, revealing my wings. i picked up the chains and sat down, i brought my wings together and began chaining the up. i folded my jacket near the edge of the roof, i took off my shoes and set them next to my jacket. i stepped into the ledge, and heard the
roofs door open, i locked eyes with dream, i smile. kaminar ran out after dream, she stood there in shock. i turned to them, "hell on heaven." i yelled, i saluted and leaned back, falling off the roof. the last thing i heard, "XELQUA!".

<present>

xisuma stood up for the chair and walked to me, with no words, he hugged me. i wrapped my arms around him and felt tears well up in my eyes, my lip quivered as i began to sob. he moved me down to the floor, "thank you for telling me this grian." he whispered in my ears as he rocked me back and fourth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1401 words<3