1. 𝖶𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈 H̸a̸w̸k̸i̸n̸s̸ 𝖧𝖾𝗅𝗅

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 1𝙨𝙩, 1986
𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣, 𝙒𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙣

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 1𝙨𝙩, 1986𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣, 𝙒𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙣 ꨄ

𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐀

"Would you stop already? Mom said to grab a box!"

"She also said to ask you to grab the box upstairs, it's full of your own stuff" i rolled my eyes while plopping the box in my hand back onto the ground, forcing a smile at my brother before heading back into the city apartment.

It was a new year, Which meant moving once again for about the fifth time since I was 12.

No, my mother is not in the army. Though sometimes, I wish that she was and that would be the reason we moved so much.

It was just me, my mom, and my younger brother, Malachi. My older sister was away for college in Florida so we never really got to see her as much.

Today was the day we packed everything up out of our apartment, and moved to a new town.

Hawkins, Indiana.

If I'm being honest, I wasn't thrilled about living in Indiana, but what can I say? It's kind of a getting use to type of thing.

"Maia! Did you get the last box yet!" My moms voice rang from downstairs making me sigh, taking the box into my hands before shutting the door to my room for the last time.

"Sorry, got lost" she pushed my shoulder as she laughed, opening the front door for me. "Did you get Willa?"

"She's in the car, baby. Don't worry" Malachi helped me place the last box into the moving truck while my mom locked the apartment door, heading back to our car that was also full of stuff for the long five hour trip we were about to endure.

"You guys ready?"

My brother got in the car while my mom talked to the driver of the moving truck, giving him the location and everything of the new house.

The loud sound of honking filled the air as I heard tired screech, my face softening once I realized who had pulled up to the apartment.

"You didn't really think I'd let you go without saying goodbye, right?" She laughed, pulling me into a tight hug. "God, Mai. I'm gonna miss you so much"

"I know, me too, Kenz" i sighed as we pulled away from each other, her eyes were already filling with tears as she lifted her hand, holding up a bag.