Chapter Thirty-Three

Nico's POV

"Lookin' great," Jack smirked as I stepped out of my cabin. I rolled my eyes and headed for Crista's cabin. Needless to say, I was nervous to the point of having abnormal breathing patterns.

Marissa suddenly stepped out from the door. She saw me then a wide smile was immediately plastered on her face. She walked back in and I could hear her yell: "Crista! Your date's here!"

Crista was suddenly pushed out by Marissa and everything stopped.

She stood in front of me, looking down at the floor. Her long brown hair was in small waves and she had on a white gown that reached the floor like the dresses you'd see princesses on television wear.

"Whoa," I muttered.

"W-what?" Crista stuttered, looking up at me with a worried look.

"You look beautiful," I said with a smile. She looked just as nervous as I was. A blush crept up to her cheeks and she looked away to hide it. Too late.

"Alright you lovebirds," Marissa said. "Stop acting so shy and all."

"Well uhh," I said. "Shall we?" I held out my hand. Crista chuckled and took it.

"You look amazing by the way," she said. I smiled at her and we headed for the hall. People were already there, dancing and enjoying the music. One of the Apollo kids was up on stage, handling the music. At the side of the place was a long table with a bunch of sweets on top. Ice and snow covered the place and it was absolutely beautiful.

"Glad to see the hard work paid off somehow," Crista said, laughing.

"Indeed," Chiron said, approaching us. "You two look quite cozy," he said, looking down at our interlocked hands.

"Aren't they just perfect for each other?!" Marissa said, suddenly appearing behind us. Crista rolled her eyes and looked away. She's blushing, I bet. Chiron just laughed at us.

"I'd like to thank all of you for setting this up," he said with a smile. "Everyone looks like they're feeling much better now and everything looks amazing."

"So I still get my steak privileges?" Crista asked and Chiron laughed once more.

"I was never going to take them away anyways," he said and Crista's eyes went wide.

"Oooh, she's gonna lose it," Chase said, approaching us.

"Why don't you just enjoy the dance," Chiron added. "You deserve it."

"You bet I do," Crista grumbled. I shook my head and laughed as we headed over to the buffet table. I got Crista some hot chocolate while she was scarfing down a cupcake. Chase and Marissa walked over to us.

"What, you guys aren't gonna dance?" Chase asked.

"Dancing isn't really my thing," Crista said as she happily munched on her food.

"Says the girl who killed that routine in class," Marissa said, rolling her eyes. "Get your butt on that dancefloor."

"Let me think. Hmm, no."

"Ugh, why do I even bother?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Anyways," Chase said, laughing as he shook his head. "I know we're friends and all that but I never really got your story. Nico?"

"Me?" I asked. Crista suddenly looked away. "Well, uh, it's a pretty long story. There were some family issues then my sister and I were taken to the Lotus Casino. We stayed there for a while and-"