Chapter Sixteen

"Why Cupcake?" Nico kept asking me as we walked towards the pavilion.

"Why does it matter?"

"It's a German Shepherd... named Cupcake." I sighed.

"You know, from what I heard from the other peeps, you're supposed to be the quiet kind of guy."

"Yeah well what the others said about you is quite contradictory to the truth as well," he answered with a smirk.

Once we arrived at the pavilion, everyone was looking at me with a wide smile.

"CRISTAAAAA!!!!" they yelled in unison. People started cheering and clapping and wolf whistling and all that jazz.

"Welcome home," Nico said with a smile. I rolled my eyes but then another wave of nausea hit me. My knees buckled and I almost fell but of course, Nico caught me before I did.

"I thought you said you could last the night?" Nico said.

"Blame Chiron's magicky potion thingy," I muttered. He helped me and took me up the big table in front where Chiron was waiting with a wide smile.

"Crista," he said, acknowledging me.

"Party Pony," I said, doing the same. I sat down and Nico sat beside me.

"How's the company?" Chiron whispered.

"Severely helpful and freaking nostalgic. Now shut your Party Pony butt up."

You know how those flying thingies serve you anything you want? I didn't need to ask. Steak appeared in front of me right away. I'm Meat Royalty.

"I'm curious on how you can eat so much steak yet you're still thin," Chiron muttered.

"Probably the work out from the killing sprees," I said with a smirk. In the middle of the meal, Chiron stood up.

"We're all here not only to feast, but to celebrate the return of a hero."

"Crap," I muttered.

"What?" Nico asked.

"He's gonna give a speech about me, I hate speeches." He laughed at me.

"Sucks for you," he said.

"Shut up, you're getting one too, oh son of Hades."

"We all owe our lives to her," Chiron said, looking at me with a smile. "I look at her and I see a brave warrior, courageous enough to risk her life for the sake of her friends. You've come a long way Crista, welcome home."

"Don't cry," Nico said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Party Pony," I said.

"And we also welcome back another hero," Chiron continued.

"Oh crap," Nico muttered.

"He also risked his life for us, he fought along side our heroes and faced death alone. Another brave warrior worthy of praise. TO CRISTA AND NICO!"

The camp cheered and they all raised their cups and yelled our names.

"I hate this," Nico muttered.

"Welcome to my world."

We all ate and the camp celebrated and stuff. Marissa and Chase most of all. They were telling stories about me and stuff.

I, on the other hand, was facing a major dilemma. I'm hanging out with the guy who forgot about me! I'm feeling so freaking sentimental that I hate it.

"So are you serious about looking for Cupcake?" Nico asked and Chiron spit out his drink.

"C-Cupcake?" he asked and I nodded.