BC x OP: Luffy The Water Mage

Summary: The idea of Grimoires and its lore in One Piece.

***

Ace puts down Luffy's water magic. Not because he thinks it's dangerous for others, but it was dangerous for Luffy himself.

He was a devil fruit user with water magic of all things he could've had. Ace wished he just had earth magic or fire magic, but water with a clumsy devil fruit user known as his little brother?

No... Even if Luffy could use it against other devil fruit users, he thinks it would be too risky.

His grimoire was also taken in by Makino, keeping it safe.

Ace couldn't be happier when Luffy understood that it was for his own safety.

(Although in the inside, he's glad he understood. Luffy's water magic is devastating. He learned that the hard way when he was a kid, he might not have been good in handling his devil fruit at that time but the waters would forever bow to him.)

***

Garp thinks his grandson's water magic was a blessing.

When they first found out he had water magic, he was near the docks. Angry at a certain pirate who was making fun of him, so little Luffy decided to soak him with sea water. (A/N: I believe we all know who this is XD)

He was a bit grumpy he wasn't there to witness his grandson's first usage of his abilities but to hear him do that to a pirate no less?

He's been the talk of the village, last he heard. And he keeps talking about him as well.

Woopslap informed him that, for a kid, Luffy has marvelous control over his water magic.

However, that changed when he consumed his devil fruit. Seeing his grandson sad wasn't in his to-do list or was it one of his wishes, he had always had a connection to the sea.

The only thing he can do is make things better.

***

I am not easily defeated

Luffy's eyes narrowed at the chunk of grass Aokiji tore off the ground, a make-shift sword... However, ice is just water in a solid form. "Ice Saber." The attack had a fancy name, how cute.

We're claiming the light and achieving.

While Sanji and Zoro were throwing insults at each other again. The captain gathered a small amount of water vapors and charged forward with his fist coated in it, air still carries 'sea breeze' and sea=big body of water.

Try to talk down and keep calling us vain?

He lands a clean hit and the ice forms around his fist and not actually freezing him.

Don't want to hear disrespect on my name!

Aokiji immediately grabbed his wrist while sending the other two flying.

"Luffy!"

"He's got Luffy!"

Noble or not, I'm still on top.

Luffy didn't even try to fight back, he was only glaring at the tall man; he got caught... Only 'Royals' and 'Nobles' can freely use their magic, most citizens must get a permission certificate, the marines are literally trained to use magic and pirates and 'scum' don't deserve to use the wonder of magic.

Past mistakes won't force me to stop!

But that's such a shame.

Since his family told him he was beloved by mana.