Y3 ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ the train to hogwarts

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ welcome <3 ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Here's a bit of background before we get back to the juicy story. (did i really just say juicy..)

Your name is obviously y/n but your last name is... hysteria !
my dear y/n hysteria has just moved from a local muggle school all the way to hogwarts because well.. she's finally got an invitation by the man himself, dumbledore, after discovering she indeed possessed magical powers. You have always been a lonely nerd who likes to stuff herself in a good book. Even better if the book was about a tragical romance. Leading you to become a patient to the horrible virus of hopeless romantic syndrome of course. You've always longed for friends or even a relationship if you could achieve that. The loneliness was your trauma but you just hadn't known that yet.

okay back to the story !

*beep* beep* *beep*
"a-argh what time is it..?" You peaked ur eyes open slightly, hating the morning blurriness that came with it to check the time. "Oh no, Oh gosh i'm going to be late!" you exclaimed while almost toppling out of bed.

You slipped on your house slippers and ran to the bathroom in which you shared with your 5 brothers and sisters combined. (a/n: a lot of siblings, it's giving.. weasly lol). You pushed them all out of your way cutting the line to the bathroom just so you could use it for yourself.

you look in the mirror only to see an ugly rats nest lay upon your head. "e-ew why is my hair so ugly today!" you exclaimed while brushing it out (sorry to my curly haired gals) your hair came out poofy but you could care less at this point. The train to hogwarts was about the leave in a mere 20 minutes!

"y/n? Y/N!" You heard your mom call your name out from the floor below you. It wouldn't be normal to be able to hear the person right below you in a muggles home but your mother found a way to use her magic to create some sort of microphone connection from upstairs to downstairs. definitely one of her brightest ideas i might say, considering it helps get my older brothers out of bed *slow eye roll*.

You might be wondering why i was at a muggles school. Well the solution is simple. I thought i was passed down with no magic blood. I used to hate myself for it, because i was the only one in the family without the bless of magic. Oh how enchanted i was to find out i actually did possess these powers!

I heard my moms faint voice come from below. "What mom?" i slightly raised my voice but not too much that she'd have to whoop me for it. "HURRY UP YOUNG LADY, THE TRAINS ABOUT TO LEAVE AND I HAVE TO DRIVE YOU THERE!" your mother exclaimed sounding really angry.

"ss-sorry mom almost ready!" you said timidly as you adjusted the last clip into your hair. You see, you've always liked to wear your hair up messily with colourful clips scattered around to give your hair a unique sense to it. Sure it was ugly at times, but that's what you liked so it didn't really bother you.

you thought about wearing some light makeup, but the thought of messing up last minute, freaked you out so you left the bathroom bare faced with the chicest outfit you could find. First impressions always gotta last dont they..

"Okay mom i'm ready!" you said while patting down your clothes. "Alright, well in goes the breakfast! or will you be slow about that too?" she exclaimed with a tone of annoyance.

"mom.. aren't you atleast a bit sad that i'll be further away from home now? Or do you really just not care at all" i asked with a tinge of sadness trying to hide my true feelings. "i-i.. i'm sorry sweetie, i will definitely miss you. But most definitely not miss your tardiness. Now off you go into the car" she said lovingly but sternly at the last part especially.

You flash a smile at your moms words and barely make your way to the car as you shove the pb and j sandwich into your mouth. You slam your bags into the backseat and hop into the front. "Hey big sis, just wanted to let you know that the house is gonna be soo much more peaceful now that you're gone" Your younger sister said with tears building up in her eyes. "won't you shut up" you said jokingly while embracing your sister in your arms through the front seat car window. (that really ought to hurt your back)

You waved slowly at your siblings as you left the house, glad that you had older brothers to take care of them all. You see, Your dad left you when you were younger, and all you can remember were the voices of your moms screams, begging him to not leave. He was a selfish fool and you wished to never see that man again. Even if it meant death. That's how much you hated him.

you quickly changed your thoughts to something more cheery. You were finally going to hogwarts after atleast 3 years of attending a normal school. During your years there, you were relentlessly picked on for being "different" just because you didn't fit in with their ridiculous standards. You blamed dad for that, but never let it beat you up.

"oh dear, i'm afraid we won't make it in time y/n. You already woke up late, Now look what we have to go through!" she stated looking forward towards the build up of cars infront of us. "i mean it's not completely my fault now is it? You never bothered to wake me up either.." You exclaimed. "What'd you expect from a full on working mother of 5 children? You have to learn to take care of yourself!" Your mother scolded. You let her words fade out as you stared out the window into the beautiful gray skies, while speckles of rain covered your window. You felt at home in this very car despite the fact you had a literal grown woman yelling at you. You felt happiness right there and then.

"Ah screw it." your mom hesitantly said as she grabbed your hand while yelling the words "Apparition!" Before you knew it, you were immediately transported to the train station while u felt as if you've been bent into a million pieces. "What the heck? if it was this easy why don't you do that all the time we're running late?" i said before almost tripping and gagging a little. "Well, you're the living proof of why." your mom chuckled at ur face which was now a tinge of green.

"w-whatever." i said not caring really that much anymore, just glad that we made it just in time- "Oh no oh no OH NO!" i looked down at my watch seeing i only had 1 minute to board the train. i dashed away with my bags, practically doing high knees trying to make my way to the famous platform of 9 and 3/4. I blew a magic kiss (something i've just recently learned) to my mom which transported an actual kiss to her face, making her jump up surprised but soon to be met with a deep emotional smile in her face while tears started to build up. "Bye Mom!" i yelled while running through the pillar hoping for the best, seeing as i was running late i didn't even care if i crashed into the wall.

and there i was standing in-front of the platform feeling so amazed by the hogwarts express, the way the station felt. Everything was other worldly here at platform 9 and 3/4. "AH SHIT!" i looked back down at my watch seeing as i only had about 30 seconds to settle all my bags and myself into the train.

i quickly threw everything in the back making the bag man scoff and correct my mess by putting my bags in neatly. i myself however, hopped onto the train causing a few people to glance back as to why i was so rushed and aggressive. But then at that moment, i remembered my watch had been set forward 10 minutes, so i still had plenty of time. "Ugh how bloody stupid!" i cried out.

"whatever atleast i'm not late." i discretely mumbled to myself. After awkwardly standing in the middle of the trains entrance, i finally made my way to the back seeing as most of the front compartments were already filled with eager first years excited for their first ride to hogwarts. It was also my first time, but of course judging by how much older i looked than a first year, nobody thought it was my first ride to hogwarts.

i slowly crept my way to the back of the train glancing over at all the other compartments filled with students eating chocolate frogs which to my surprise were actual frogs unless casted with a spell.
i was in awe as i saw everyone use their magic so proudly on the train while there i was, the muggle girl who couldn't even cast a single spell or even use her wand for a matter of fact.

before i knew it, i made it to the back of the train, in which i saw a platinum haired boy sitting over with his so called "gang" bickering about some boy named "haree pottah?" who in the world-
——————————————————————————-
A/N
i hope u guys enjoyed my first chapter <33 this took me some time to write, thinking about how i wanted this to play out and figuring out the whole storyline and all. i hope u enjoyed reading it!!! luv u and stay tuned, cuz i'll be updating this every other day, or even every single day hopefully 💗💗