- eighteen -

"jeno." a voice called out from behind him as he was turning on the fire for a lavender-scented candle he had bought from the market with the help of the butler, doyoung. the woman's voice as soothing as the morning wind, cold and chilly but full of kindness and understanding. he recognized that voice, but from where?

"m-mother?"

"yes dear." she said as she approached her son who was now sitting on a stool. except that she wasn't in a human form, moreover a ghost, an angel.

"why did you visit me, mother?"

"because," she took a step forward and smiled, "i need to tell you about something, my son."

jeno took interest in his mother's words. it had been some time since he had talked to the spirit of his mother. his real mother back on earth was still alive, just not in the era he is in now. she had passed due to a certain disease back when he was still little, specifically when he was still a few months old.

but sometimes jeno would get these visions where his mother would come to him and help him throughout his problems. and instead of getting scared, he would call out for her and one time she'll come for sure.

"remember the amulet that i told you about long time ago? the one around your neck." the woman continued and pointed at the necklace around jeno's neck as said.

"it's something i need to keep for a long time?"

"no, sweetie. not only that, but it also helps people travel back to their homes in the present. i told you last time that people there still have a certain something that makes them able to travel through time, right?" jeno nodded, but he still couldn't make out what his mother was saying. however, he kept listening attentively.
"if they stay here for too long, they can't get back and will continue to age here. it would be horrible for them to do so, right?"

"i would love to help them," the male said, "but how would i get back?"

the woman smiled and giggled a little at her son's confused but cute expression.

"that's why i'm here to tell you something, jeno. i noticed you have been keeping an eye on a handsome man that just arrived here, haven't you?"

jeno groaned, a little annoyed that his mother could easily predict him and his feelings. the older woman could only chuckle once more and reached out to try and pat her son's head. but to her despair, she was reminded that she was just a spirit and that she had limited time in meeting jeno. so her face stiffened and got serious.

"jeno dear, i'm here to tell you that you can give your amulet to the boy named na jaemin, you must know him, right?" jeno's face became stern too, but his was full of questions. why would his own mother tell him to give his amulet to another guy when it was the last one and his only hope in getting back home?

"why mom? isn't it the only one left to bring me home?"

"you will know how soulmates work once you give him the amulet."

"mother-" the woman, in the midst of jeno's confusion, waved at her son with a smile full of guillt.

"you will know for sure, sweetheart. see you soon."

and with that, even with all the questions lingering inside his head, tons of them, he decided to obey the woman and send the necklace to the one and only na jaemin.

-

its coming to an end soonnnn :>