➟ A Forgotten Friendship #2

Continuation of part 1.

❯ 〗┆❦ ┆〖 ❮

Third person POV

Zaria had arrived back at the castle, she immediately headed towards the kitchen to put away the things she had bought from the market.

However before she could, one of the chefs had walked up to her."Hello princess, I had gotten word from your mother that she had sent you to the market to collect some more flour and sugar."Zaria nodded her head.

"You may put them away chef."Zaria would smile, then passed the flour and sugar to the chef.

The chef would take a bow then walk away.

Zaria would then go search for her father.

She eventually found Kendrick sitting in the courtyard, reading a book.

It was no surprise that he was in the courtyard, he spent most of his time there.

Well, ever since the passing of Zaria's mother.

Kendrick knew who actually killed her, but he was too afraid to confront Catharina about it, so he kept quiet about it.

Zaria would walk up to Kendrick, then took a seat next to him.

"Hi father."Zaria had spoken, to which Kendrick would respond by looking at his daughter.

"Ria, it's nice to see your face today other than..Catharina.."Kendrick was too afraid of Catharina that he had to whisper her name.

Considering she was a witch, she could do anything to harm him..

Kendrick wore such a painful and sad expression on his face, he just, looked so miserable..

"I know father..I wish the same thing you do."Zaria could tell how much her father wanted to escape just as much as she did.

He didn't need to tell her that.

"We'll find a way to escape this nightmare father, I know we will."Zaria would give Kendrick a hug, he returned the hug after putting his book down."I know baby, I know."He'd whisper to her, hugging her tight.

Kendrick had always loved his daughter hugs, they were always so comforting to him, full of love.

Unlike the 'hugs' Catharina gave him, it felt like she was trying to force his soul out from his body.

The hug was interrupted by Catharina clearing her throat, Zaria and Kendrick pulled away from their hug and turned their attention towards her.

"There you both are, I have just been told by one of the chefs that dinner is ready."Catharina worn her usual cold expression on her face.