➟ A Forgotten Friendship #3

Continuation to part 2.

❯ 〗┆❦ ┆〖 ❮

Third person POV

The scene before her had shocked her, but at the same time..it was satisfying.

Catharina was laying on the floor, lifeless and still.

She was dead.

After so many years of cruelty and abuse, she was finally dead.

The person who had killed her mother when she was only 5, was no longer alive.

However, it would have felt much more better if she had done it herself.

But, Zaria would look in front of her, a figure stood there.

It was a man, who looked to be a similar age to Zaria.

He had blood around his mouth.

He must be a vampire..

"Speak stranger, who are you and what do you want?"Zaria spoke with a confident tone, she wasn't even fazed by Catharina's limp, dead body.

Zaria folded her arms, and gave a cold glare towards the stranger.

"Someone who got rid of the person you've hated for years, the murderer of your mother.All I wanted was to take away the one thing that hurt you and your father most."He said in a deep tone, he folded his arm.

"And, an old friend of yours who Catharina tried to kill a few years ago."

Zaria would stare at him for a few moments, thinking he was spouting nonsense.

Turns out he wasn't.

She remembered how Catharina threw off her childhood best friend off of a cliff.

She thought he had died..

"Mathias?"

Zaria wore a shocked expression on her face."Oh my god.."She mumbled to herself.

"The one and only."Mathias had said, opening his arms out as Zaria would run up to him and give him a hug."I can't believe you're actually alive-"She spoke in a relieved tone, she was so happy to see him again.

Mathias would chuckle."Gotta do more than throw me off a cliff to get rid of me."He'd smile.

Zaria eventually pulled away from the hug.

"What do we do with the body?"

Mathias would put a finger to his mouth."I'll take care of that, you should sleep since you look like you need it."

Zaria nodded her head."Alright then, goodnight Mathias."She'd give him a smile.

"G'night Zaria."He'd give her a wave, she'd head back to her room.

❨ ┅ .. ➜ .. ┅ ❩

Timeskip to morning.

❨ ┅ .. ➜ .. ┅ ❩

Zaria had woken up from her long sleep, she stretched her arms out as she looked around.

She'd eventually found Mathias sitting in her chair asleep.

She couldn't help but smile.

I have so many questions to ask him..but I can wait.

Whilst waiting for Mathias to wake up, Zaria would read a book, whilst occasionally looking up to check on the sleeping boy.

After an hour or so, Mathias finally woke up from his slumber.

Zaria was still reading on her bed, then she looked up and noticed Mathias had woken up.

"Evening there sleepy head."She laughed, closing her book and putting it away.

Mathias would yawn in response."Says the one who passed out last night."He'd give her a smirk, Zaria would roll her eyes.

"You have a lot of questions don't you."Mathias would say, Zaria nodded her head.

For the next 30 minutes, the Mathias would explain how he survived the fall from the cliff.

"Sounded pretty intense."Zaria said shocked by the story.

Mathias nodded his head."Ya think?Try going through what I did."Mathias would chuckle, then stood up from the chair.

"Come on, let's go."Mathias held out his hand towards Zaria.

"Go where?-"Zaria tilted her head at him, Mathias would smirk."You'll see."Zaria sighed in response, then grabbed his hand and the two soon left to go to this mysterious place.

❨ ┅ .. ➜ .. ┅ ❩

Timeskip

❨ ┅ .. ➜ .. ┅ ❩

It took 20 minutes to arrive to their destination, by now Zaria was blindfolded.

"Hey Mathias- are we almost there yet?"She asked, she was clearly getting impatient.

"We're here now, miss impatient."Mathias would chuckle, then took off Zaria's blindfold.

When her blindfold was off, Zaria would stare at the view.

(Look at the image at the beginning of the page for reference to what the scenery looks like.)

It was breathtaking.

Mathias knew how much Zaria loved watching the sunset.

Hence why he took her here."It's..so beautiful-"She'd say, taking a seat on the ground.

"Indeed it is my friend."Mathias responded, sitting down next to Zaria.

I missed having him around..

END

❯ 〗┆❦ ┆〖 ❮