032

SENPAI'S POV

in the twelve hours he slept- he woke up at least seven times, and each disturbance started with a yell of his own before drifting to unlock another door that his demons were hiding behind. his dreams were more traumatizing than his reality but this time when he woke from cold sweat and heavy breathe he refused to let another evil out. he coughed and felt his hot skin boiling sweats out yet was shaking in cold under the duvets.

his phone buzzed that his attention went to he grabbed it for a quick check to see Mirae has left him a message saying:

Mirae| everything is fine here. you can rest well i will be back to check on you soon.

he looked at the clock on his nightstand for clarification and just put his phone beside it too tired to lock it "i shouldn't have gotten sick now" he was angry at himself but was already in too much pain to punish hisself.

he hears a sudden knock on his door. he wanted to believe it was a hallucination but the knocks were too loud and angry to be so. he frowned as he slowly got himself up dragging the sheets along "i'm coming!" he yelled, but his sore throat didn't let his voice go so far to be heard thus he had to rush to open before he ends up with a broken door.

he carried Van on the way who also seemed to be startled by the person and angrily he opened the door before letting another bang on it "who-" but halted when their eyes met.

he was wearing only a short while the sheets barely covered his aching muscles and sweaty chest, his hair gave her a feeling that he just woke up and his red eyes confirmed it, it was shocking for him to be seen like a mess and only when Van purred in his arms they snapped out "aren't you supposed to be on a bus that goes to Seoul?" his voice cracked, and she recognized the change in his tone.

while Jennie stood there shorter than him, looking concerned yet her cheeks flushed, she grabbed one of her pigtails to distract herself only to throw him an angry glare "aren't you supposed to be in a tux as well?" as she pushed him aside welcoming herself inside.

he leaned to the door side. tired, hurt, and annoyed. he closed the door whilst she was playing with Van who loved her too much that followed her instantly "how and why are you here?... you should go back to school they are probably looking for you-" but she so suddenly cupped his mouth to not let him continue and he so lazily grabbed her wrist to take it off and save her from tiptoeing "i'm sick i can't go... it's better you leave as well before you catch the flu."

he followed her gaze as she looked at his packed suitcase by the door, he indeed was ready to go to the trip as well but unfortunately he had to cancel at the last minute and he could tell she hated that "yes. i went there everyone was there but you. i sneaked out the bus and told Jia to cover up for me," he sighed, "you're crazy" she shrugged "i told you if you go i go" and went to sit on the couch sulking.

"Jennie-ah~... don't do that. they will tell your mother about your absence and if she finds you here-" "i cant leave and won't leave" she glared at him, and only when he coughs holding onto his aching throat her anger vanished and in a minute she was right beside him with a glass of water. he knew she was worried, but he was even more concerned about her health later on "thanks," he said after he had drunk.

"how can i leave you like that?... i know professor that you think i'm a dumb kid, but i promise i can take care of you," but he stared at her blankly for couple seconds before snorting she pouted as watched him ascending the stairs disappointedly "leave jennie-ah... i can't be asked to deal with troubles now."