Chapter - 14: Plans

Vineet books the tickets to India for his mother and himself. He's happy and he has a motive. He has always seen his mother crying and cursing someone else for the death of his father. She believes that Daksh was murdered back then. It was a plan and things have changed for her since then. She never looked back and moved to New york.

Vineet moves to Devika's room and finds her sleeping. She's holding a photograph. Vineet takes out the photograph and it happens to be his parents' photograph.

 Vineet takes out the photograph and it happens to be his parents' photograph

He looks at his mom, she looks serene in her sleep. She looks at the picture and smears it with his hand. He knows things are wrong and there are things which are hidden from him. All he needs is to decipher the truth.

"I promise, Dad

"I promise, Dad. Main sach ka pata lagaunga aur gunehgaaron ko saza bhi dilvaunga. Main sirf mom ko khush dekhna chahta hoon." Vineet says while looking at his dad's picture.

He glances at his mother and then leaves the room. He has promised himself to find out the truth.

*****
Mumbai, Singhania House

Rajveer is unable to sleep. Naina has given him a reality check and the name he said in his unconscious state has raised questions. His daughter is questioning him and he has no answers to her questions. He can't tell her the person about whom he's talking. His wife is angry at him and probably hasn't forgiven him.

The name is -- Devika. The name from his past. The name that meant so much to him. She's is the one who considered him a best friend but he could not be the friend she wanted.

" Raj, please understand. Tum aisa kaise kar sakte ho?"

"Raj, I love him! Uske alawa aur kisi se shadi nahi karungi main."

"Meri guardianship hain Uncle ke paas! Tumhari dost hoon main, lekin mere liye decision lene ki azaadi aap dono ko nahi hain! Main apne faisle khud le sakti hoon!"

"Noo! Mujhe ye baat manzoor nahi hain uncle. Main Daksh se pyaar karti hoon."

"Nahi! Aap aisa soch bhi kaise sakte hain!"