3. Promise

This is my worst decision ever! What got into me to have an idea like this??  If I agreed to my parents suggestion wouldn't that be better for me? Maybe... Ahh! That's so difficult to think of something in this situation. Who thought that if they do the thing I did would lead to you being partnered with the person you least want to be with, the most you hold hatred for. And now... I have to deal with this arrogant and his sassy friends, standing there like bodyguards for him???

All of them are here, so I think. Yesterday I asked to meet the next morning in the football court, and he came which I thought he would never. Wonwoo followed along with me if something bad will happen as he calls it, because he clearly know how much of things may happen if we're together alone. Since the blonde boy came till now he said only two sentences: 'Hello Seungcheol' 'That's right, it's me'

I don't know why I'm waiting for him to speak though it's me who should start. I inhaled deeply and cut the awkward atmosphere that everyone is afraid to interrupt "You're welcome Yoon Jeonghan" I faked a smile for him and offered a handshake which the guy in front of me accepted with pleasure.

"I saw, you decided to be the first one to write his name. May I know why? It's quite odd of you"

Jeonghan faced his friends and they all shrugged. I put my hand on my mouth to not laugh when Wonwoo walked to beside me doing the same. A shocked-angry look was put on Jeonghan's face then he turned back to me while cursing them. "None of your business"

Should I say I'm amazed by the answer? But it was funny. Suddenly Wonwoo whispered to me while pointing at my watch, I cleared my throat and spoke "To shorten it and to not be late to class too, you signed up for this and I may say..." I stopped midsentence then my friend pushed me lightly by the shoulder ".. uhm... I need your help with something"

He quickly mocked and threw his hands in the air with a smirk on his face "Look who's asking for help! You don't have to be polite with me, we're frie-" He choked on his last word then repeated it "Friends you know"

"Also, you shouldn't cross the line as it's something personal-" I got disturbed by him "Personal who?"

"Let me finish first. My personal thing and you can't cross the stipulations either"

"We all know he hate provisions" Seokmin said, who is that cheerful boy in our class. He always makes jokes and is friendly with everyone. In my point of view I think he's kind and cute.

"I don't care, he must respect my condition right now, and no one forced him to sign his name" I crossed my arms.

"I'm alright with everything you put" Jeonghan shoved his pinkie to me, I looked at everyone then completed the promise "It starts from now, until my problem is solved"

His friends high fived each other and quickly Wonwoo pulled my arm and apologized to them "We have class in two minutes, sorry" We headed to grab our books and ran to first period, luckily the teacher hasn't started the lesson yet, she was focused on her papers on her desktop.

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲

It's already lunch time as me and Wonwoo got late because our teacher asked for help with some files he wanted to organize before his next class starts. Of course, we haven't the right to refuse, I mean it's from good manners right? Whatever, now it's hard to find a place to sit on due to the lot of students who are eating at the same time.

I spotted an empty four seats and was about to go there when Wonwoo pulled me "He's calling for you can't you hear?" He pointed to Seokmin who was gesturing for us to come and sit with them. My friend speedily dragged me to the table they're sitting on and placed our trays down "We'll be right back"

"But I don't want wat-"

"You sure you want" He pushed me in front of him and said again "You made this promise to break it right away?? Are you dumb?"

"I thought we don't have to be together the whole time...?" I gave him a confused expression and he rubbed my cheeks with his hands as a habit he used to do to me when he wanted to hide his annoyance.

"Surely you must, now get your drink" He took his glass and walked back to his seat beside me. "Thanks for the invitation"

'What's wrong with him, suddenly became so talkative'

As soon as I sat down, the table became silent. Are they kidding me?? "What's wrong with you all, all of a sudden everyone stopped talking"

"They're being mesmerized by the person who came" Jeonghan complimented with sarcasm as he leaned on the table looking at me. I gave him a disgusted face and sat down to eat.

"I already regret doing this" I murmured to my friend as he was spacing out but replied with a mumble "Me too"

"You too what?" My voice raised in confusion.

"Regretting it with you!"

We both sighed soundly after looking at each other for few seconds and bowed our heads down frustrated then he mumbled a 'good luck' while raising his fist up to me without any energy in him then we started eating.

Later something we didn't expect happened. The new teacher that NEVER sat with students came to us and asked if he can take the seat beside Seokmin. We all was shocked as Seokmin looked up and said in a low tone "Mr. Hong?"

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

How to end this chapter this way ◡̈⃝︎  

I have a question too. The teachers, do we call them Mr/Mrs (name) or teacher (name)? Or just by their names? Cuz I don't know o(ㄒoㄒ) Here we only call them by their normal names, I think it's disrespectful.

#Thanks for reading~