Prologue

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who clicked my story, it really means a lot to me. I've been working on this story for many years, it has followed me throughout middle school and high school so it's really close to my heart, I wrote and rewrote it so many time and finally tried to put a message in there that I learned throughout these years.

Even if my message doesn't reach you, I do hope I could at least make you forget some of your burdens while exploring the world of Zemeria ^^

(The story is finished but I'll upload it one chapter maybe everyday)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long ago, very long ago, magic had once filled every corner of the world; every forest, every ocean, every tundra, and every desert had magic brimming through them.

However, a certain corruption started spreading. A corruption driven by greed and fear that brought destruction and grief wherever it went. And every time it would settle in a place, magic would slowly start depleting from it, causing all the magical creatures in that place to die. They tried running away, but it was only a matter of time before the corruption caught up with them again. They knew that no matter where they went, they were only delaying the inevitable.

However, there was one place, one place that guaranteed safety from the corruption. The final sanctuary, they called it, Zemeria. It had something, someone, that protected it from the corruption. It stood strong for centuries, sheltering hundreds and thousands of magical creatures.

They lived in peace, sheltered from the Outside, from its terrors and grief. It made them naïve. And all it took was one child's mistake, one little child's foolishness, to bring an end to all those years of peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The thick layer of snow that had covered everything in brilliant crystal white for the past months had finally started to melt, and the warm spring breeze was slowly replacing the chilly winds of winter. The breathtaking singing of the mermaids filled the air, and the dazzling dances of the fairies welcomed spring with open arms. However, there were two fairies, Lily and Lilac, who were sneaking around doing something else.

"Wait up, sis!" panted Lily. "You know my wings aren't as strong as yours."

"Oh, come on Lily, hurry up!"

"I really don't see what all the hurry is about! It's not like the flowers are going anywhere," Lily whined.

"Yeah, but we haven't seen the flowers from the Outside all winter! And it has only been three years since we were able to see the Outside. Who knows the things we have yet to discover about them!" Lilac flew faster than ever, unable to wait any longer.

Lily sighed hopelessly. "Honestly, what to do with this sister," she grumbled to herself. "Hey Lilac wait for me!" she shouted to her, trying to catch up.

Lilac reached the edge of Zemeria and stopped midair. Lily finally caught up to her and stopped beside her as well. They looked a little hesitantly at the barrier, or what once was the barrier, that separated Zemeria from the outside. Now it was nothing more than a transparent hazy wall that could not keep an insect out.

The Guazeria was the one responsible for keeping the barrier up and strong to make sure that no one entered or left Zemeria, but the Guazeria was dead. He has been dead for over eight years, and no new Guazeria has appeared to take his place. It has gotten the Zemerians all worried.

Meanwhile, Lilac saw it as an opportunity to explore and learn more about the Outside, especially its plants. She knew that magical creatures could not survive long in a place without magic, but being the reckless fairy she was, she still went out to test it and found that as long as she did not spend too much time outside and came back to Zemeria, the magic would make her as good as new. Lily pointed how stupid that still was, and they did not know the effect of it in the long run. but of course, Lilac did not listen, only caring about gathering new knowledge.