Chapter 2: The Visitor

Fia was quite confused, Humans absolutely cannot pass through the barrier. That was the whole point of it.

  Then again, she thought, this one doesn't feel completely Human. She sped up, uneasiness rising inside her.

  She landed on a tree branch near the barrier and looked down at the Human. To her surprise, and relief, it looked like it was just a boy, and one around her age no less. He was standing in awe as he admired his surroundings.

  Normally, Fia would have gotten rid of him already, but seeing as to how he looked harmless, and that she was curious as to how he got in, she decided to spare him... for now.

  She jumped off of the tree and landed in front of the boy, her magic cushioning her fall.

  The boy backed away with startle. "Oh... um....h-hi there," he said with an awkward smile, trying to be as friendly as possible, but it was just a little hard with Fia giving him a death glare.

  She did not reply and kept glaring at him with one hand on her waist, and the other seemingly contemplating whether to throw a spell at him and be done with it or not. He looked like an ordinary boring human, dark brown eyes, messy black hair, two arms, two legs, nothing out of the ordinary in his appearance. She did, however, sense some magic inside him, which explained how he got in at least. Nevertheless, it was quite weird, all wizards and witches had at least one peculiar feature about them, like Fia's red eyes and Ramona's dark green hair. But seeing how ordinary looking this boy was made Fia all the more curious as to what he was exactly.

  "Umm..." The boy looked at her hand and backed away a little more, his expression slowly turning to apprehension.

  Fia raised her eyebrow. Can he sense the magic gathering at my hand? she thought.

  "Alright, that's it," she said with an authoritative impatient tone, startling the boy who quickly turned his gaze to her, "What are you exactly?"

  "Wha-what?" the boy mumbled nervously.

  "I said what are you?" she demanded, her impatience growing at the unexplainable human-looking creature in front of her. "If you don't answer right now, you're dead." Now there was a very clear dark sphere of magic hovering on top of her hand.

  "Wait wait please!" The boy was frantically waving his hands in front of him as he backed away.  "I- I don't understand what you mean!" he said, panicking.

  She took a step forward. "I mean how does an ordinary looking Human like you have magic?!"

  "O-oh, I-I'll tell you, I'll tell you, but c-can you p-please get rid of that spell first?"

  She looked down at her hand and smirked mischievously. "Alright," she said, her voice scarily calm.

  She raised her hand and fired the spell at him, barely missing his head by an inch. "I got rid of it," she said cheekily, folding her hands in front of her. "Now talk."

  The boy's eyes were wide open and his whole body was shaking. He looked back and found the ball had made a giant mark on the barrier, which immediately disappeared right after. He gulped.

  He kept fumbling for words but could neither properly think nor speak.

  "I said talk."

  "R-right!" He straightened up and shook his head trying to get himself together. "Well, umm, it's... it's because... my mother was a witch."

  "A witch?" she inquired.

  "Y-yes. My mother was a witch who left Zemeria."

  "Oh, I see," she said, softening her tone and glare ever-so-slightly now that she slowly started understanding what was going on. "Right, I did hear the previous Guazeria used to let some wizards and witches leave."