𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

(unedited) 

Lupe and Mara sighed as they flashed their flashlights out into the open woods, "Why are we here again?" Xiomara asked Lupe, looking over at her and rolling her eyes, "Derek told us to keep an eye out" Xiomara rolled her eyes this time, "An eye out for what?" Mara stopped walking while having her flashlight shine in Lupe's eyes causing her to move her arm in front of her eyes, "An eye for the supposed Alpha, aka your alpha" Lupe pushed down her friend's arm before pulling her along the way, "And if he or she is here then what are you doing here, your human, they'll either turn you or eat you" Mara spoke while continuing to search.

Lupe gulped before shrugging, "two is better than one" she smiled before screaming as she fell down a hole, "LUPE!!" Mara screamed as she looked into the hole, her friend fell into, "Lupe? Can you hear me?! LUPE!!!" Mara looked around the hole before she saw some other flashlights, "Shit, Lupe I'll come back I swear, just stay here please" Mara turned off her flashlight before running away with her golden eyes.

Lupe groaned before slowly getting off the ground, she gasped while returning on her flashlight, "Oh my gosh" She gasped out while shining it all around the room, "Woah" Lupe's mouth widened as she moved more into the flora-covered tunnel.

She looked around while smiling at everything, "How is this even all growing?" she questioned herself, she continued to follow the long tunnel even though she knew she should have looked for a way out, she just felt as if something was telling her to continue walking.

She saw a statue in the middle once she came to a small hole at the end of the tunnel. She crawled through it, she admired the statue before getting close once she took some photos. "So beautiful," she whispered before leaning close. The statue moved its head, causing Lupe to scream and fall back, she crawled away trying to go through the small hole, but vines had grabbed her ankles and wrists.

She screamed more while she got pulled away from the exit, she tried clawing the ground to get a grip so she won't let whatever it took. But it was no use, she got closer and closer. She cried as she was lifted in the air and was in front of this now supernatural being. She cried out I'm sorry over and over.

The creature made Lupe face it, Lupe shook in fear as she made no sound and stared at it. It studied Lupe's face before it screamed, the vines that were around her wrist and ankles scratched and scared her. She screamed out in fear and pain as it continued, green oozed out of its mouth and flew into Lupe's cuts and mouth as she continued to scream but the ooze made her choke while she screamed, her eyes rolled into the back of her head before she had passed out.

In the woods while Xiomara was running away, she heard Lupe's screams, she stopped in her tracks, before sprinting back to where she originally ran from, "LUPE!!!" Mara screamed back. She ignored the people with the flashlights when they asked her to stop and ask what she was doing.

The sheriff looked at the running girl before chasing after her and the rest of the cops joined him. Mara stopped where the screaming came from and saw that the hole was closing but with Lupe outside next to it. Mara gasped and kneeled next to her, "Lupe? Wake u- OH MY GOD" Mara gasped while covering her mouth as she saw blood pouring out of her friend's mouth, wrist, and ankles. "HELP!!!" She screamed out to the cops she knew followed her, she helped both of her friend's wrists to stop the bleeding, and she felt tears run down her face.

"Please, please don't die, you're all I have left" she whispered as she closed her eyes to take away the pain her friend was feeling, and not long after whispering those words, she heard cops call out to her, and call the ambulance.

The sheriff questioned Xiomara and she answered as best as she could without exposing both Derek and herself. The sheriff was iffy about certain things of her story but decided to let it go since he could tell she was in distress, and before he saw his son try to be sneaky. He let her leave for the hospital and was driven in a police car. She texted Derek about what happened, but even he didn't know much. Xiomara sighed and closed her eyes as she waited to get to her best friend. She didn't want to believe her friend was hurt and even if it wasn't her fault, she felt guilty. She just hoped nothing was wrong. If only hope could make miracles.