"awkward?"

Supergirl goes on a blind date to the agreement of free food.

Kara Danvers, Barbara Gordon

Kara arrives at Sweet Justice 20 minutes late, listening to some metal as she arrived. The familiar ding to indicate a new customer rang in her ear, having her shove her headphones off in slight annoyance at her super hearing. Kara looked around, trying for the person she had agreed to meet earlier that afternoon, eyeing the last booth on the right.

Unfortunately, waiting for her was something way unexpected, as one of her best friends sat jaw-slacked at the sight of Kara at the entrance. Supergirl widened her eyes, quickly looking away as she skimmed Sweet Justice once more before deciding against staying. Shoving past the glass door, Kara almost made it out of there, save for her embarrassment before she felt an arm hold her back.

Kara looked back, almost torpedoing the hand into the register behind them. She softened at the red hair, maintaining a disturbed look. Her blind date was Barbara Gordon. Wow. The thought dawdled in her mind since she'd first seen Batgirl waiting at the booth, but now it was definitely official as the slightly smaller hand remained it's clutch on her leather jacket.

"U-hm, you can let go now." Kara bit back an awkward laugh, looking down at Babs. The girl mouthed an 'Oh' before letting go of Kara, scratching an itch off her nape afterwards. Having a closer look at Barbara now, Kara inspected her outfit; a flowy purple spaghetti strapped dress that reached around her mid-thigh, and a small golden necklace. She obviously was not expecting Kara to be her date either.

"Are you..?" 

"I'm 90% sure that I am." Barbara breathed out as she kicked her feet around. They both had definitely dressed better for this in contrast from their usual outfits, and it was now biting back both of them from the weirdness of formal attire as Kara fidgeted in her open black bra with only a short coat to cover it.

"Should we even.. do this? Like, isn't it weird?" Kara suggested, still unsure of what to do as she waved her hands around in discomfort. 

 Barbara sighed, "I dunno, but in all honesty I am STARVING, and you can do whatever you want but I need that dessert bar." Barbara pointed a finger at herself, tapping at her shoulder. 

"Speak for yourself, I haven't eaten anything since this morning!" Kara argued with an outward mouth.

"Okay then! Let's just eat something before I eat someone." Barbara slightly grabbed at the air, walking away from Kara towards the counter as Supergirl followed in amusement.

After a moment of silence and ordering her collective meal, Barbara stepped out of the way for Kara- who did not step up. 

"Yeah, just to let you know, I did not bring my own money for food. Sooo." Kara whispered the end, teething a smirk at the smaller. "...Sharing is caring?" Normally, Babs would not have shared her food under any circumstance. But the humiliation she felt in herself as this was technically a.. date, had her mind infected.

"Omg, fine." Luckily for Kara, Barbara ordered a large bowl, so all they needed was two spoons. This was deteriorating way more to Batgirl's liking, but she tried to keep this as 'friendly' as possible, while grabbing Kara a plastic spoon.

"For my, uh, very good partner friend!" She smiled, passing Kara the spoon. Kara raised a brow at Babs, still taking the spoon. "Ugh, I don't know. I'm trying to defuse the whole.." She pointed the spoon around at the young couples eating with each other. "That."

Kara snorted, sniffling up snot as she laughed openly. "Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, please- you do not have to worry about that. I have no flirt skills, whatsoever." Was Kara flirting by saying that? She didn't know. Nevertheless, Barbara smiled a bit, raising her front. 

"I can tell! 'Sharing is caring.'" Batgirl put an arm to her hip, letting Kara remember the earlier statement.

"Ughhh, okay first of all, sharing IS caring. Second of all, I didn't even-!" Kara rambled, trying to make a point as Babs broke out laughing, patting Kara on the shoulder in assurance as Kara gaped, squinting her eyes to start something. Maybe this blind date wouldn't be so bad.