"bodyguard"

Kara sees Karen getting picked on at school.

Kara Danvers, Karen Beecher

Kara, one earbud in, sits on the bleachers of the track field, foot hooked onto the other as she watches her class run. Smirking, she crumples a fake doctor's note into her right pocket, cheering them on uncharacteristically.

"Woo, go Pocket-Phil!" Phil, the short man that he was, glares at Kara as he ran past her, making Kara grin with entertainment. Hearing a grunt, Kara looks to the left of the field, seeing her friend Karen fall on the trail; a few kids snickering at her as they run by. Kara furrows her eyebrows, a worried look developing on her face.

"Go, Karen!" Kara exclaims, raising a fist to the air as Bumblebee looks up from where she fell. Receiving a (delayed) thumbs-up, Kara grins as she watches her amble to a slow jog, her stamina not being too good. Regardless, Supergirl cheers her on from the sidelines.

A few loud praising later, a burly girl with kinky red hair runs past Karen, somehow tripping her as the petite girl fell forward on her arms. "Whoops." She says sarcastically, laughing low as she elbows a few girls beside her to point out Karen's blunder. Kara watches in disgust, anger fusing into her stomach as the group laugh. 

Once the laps were over, Kara pulls out her earbud, walking towards the formation of classmates all thirstily drinking water. "Hey!" She starts, grabbing the attention of a few people filed around in a circle. Her fists balled in aggravation, she stands behind the brawny girl, shoving her backward.

"Huh?" The athlete says, clearly surprised at the encounter as she creases her front together. Karen walks near the gathering, hands clutching her own tech-savvy water bottle.

"Uh, Kara..?" Karen tries, which Kara brushes off, still scowling at Doris. 

"You tripped Beecher earlier." Kara frowns, pointing backward towards the field. "Over there."

"Yeah? What about it?" Doris challenges, getting up in Kara's face as she cringes back. 

"God, your breath stinks." Kara mumbles audibly as she pinches her nose, making a few people assembled close-by snicker at the insult. Doris closes her mouth in offense, nose twitching with frustration as she clenches her hands. "What did you just say to me?" She warns, clutching a handful of Kara's shirt, slightly lifting her in the process.

"Oh, just that your breath stinks as bad as the sewage in Gotham City." Kara shrugged, nodding her head at the astounded girl, "What's up? Need a mint?" 

Doris goes to punch Kara in the face, pulling her shirt down as Kara descended toward the floor. But before her fist could make it, Kara grabs onto her forearm, halting the athlete from making physical contact. 

"What-" Kara pummels a single hit at Doris's cheek, sending her flying into the floor as the students circles outward from where she struck into; all gasping at the sight, especially Bumblebee.

"Don't fucking touch her ever again." Kara curses, shoving her hands into her pockets. "...C'mon Karen, let's get to lunch." She says, mentioning towards Karen who was currently trembling at the sight of Doris Zeul defeated on the floor, slightly coated in dirt. Before long, she hurries towards where Kara was walking, following her in fear as she looked around apologizing to everyone she passed.