Debt and Deals

It was all over the kingdom, all over the papers, all over the mouths of the people.

Princess Yukino was kidnapped by 4 men.

The 4 men were identified by the knights who witnessed the incident. They could only sum up that there was a large man, an average man, and a man with glasses. They had already knew the background of the horseman who escorted her into the border and out of the border.

Though even if they provided a good enough depictions of the kidnappers, they were still disciplined by the king and queen themselves. For their punishment, they were to look for Princess Yukino with no rest or breaks. Their failure to recognize the plan immediately was something they would reflect upon for the rest of their lives.

But there was also one person who willingly joined in with the knights to search for Princess Yukino.

And that person was Hayato Hayama.

The king decided to reschedule their meeting the day after due to a traitor in the kingdom. And when Hayato was just about to request to marry Yukino, they were interrupted of the news of her recent kidnapping.

There was no time to request if she isn't even able to attend the wedding herself.

He became the leader for the searching party as they searched above and beyond for Yukino.

Little did they know, that she was more further away than they could even comprehend.

...

Before she went unconscious, she could see an old friend standing next to her laying body, as his eyes stared into hers. And then everything went black.

"I'm awake!"

Yukino opened her eyes immediately, sitting up from her.... not her bedroom. She was surrounded by wooden walls that came from extremely long logs. It looked like they were stacked upon each other and were somehow standing up.

The bed she was laying on wasn't as comfortable as hers but it was still soft enough for anyone to sleep on.

All of a sudden, she was really thirsty and hungry. And then she remembered everything. How she went to the border of their kingdom and was suddenly kidnapped by 4 men. She stood awake for an entire day and a half to make sure they wouldn't catch her off guard. A day and a half with especially no water will weaken anyone, despite being powerful.

She still had her clothes on thankfully, and she hopped out of the bed that didn't belong to her.

As more seconds passed, she then begin to remembered what happened after being kidnapped.

There was someone familiar that saved her.

Even with her dehydrating and starving state, her body immediately ran out of the cabin to find that person.

When she opened the wooden door, she stood shocked to see someone she never thought she would see again. It was 11 years ago since she's last saw him. She thought he died during the mass attack from the monstrous creatures that killed many civilians and few knights. And that he would never come back to learn from her.

"Hikigaya-kun....."

He was sitting on a plastic chair with his back turned against her, looking at his infamous book she remembered he would talk about all the time during their training sessions.

He slowly turned around his face to look at her, "That is a name I haven't heard in a long time." He stood up, closing his book, walking towards her ominously.

The height difference was noticeable. He was as tall, if not, an inch taller than Hayato. But his height wasn't the only thing that came to her attention. The clothing he wore was mysterious and somewhat, beautiful in a way. It wasn't no fancy suit or expensive clothing. It was just a long dark coat that reached towards the back of his knees. Everything he wore was all black.