The Pursuit For Power

A man with a dark hooded cloak that looked self-made and looked completely worn down slowly approaches the kingdom border during the night.

One would assume he had decided to cross the border during the night because his dark clothing would catch the knights off guard. But he is not one to underestimate his opponents.

As they noticed him quickly, "Hey, someone is here!" A lone knight with his torch lit on fire notices the intruder immediately. Years of training paid off for the knight as even if someone had wore the darkest clothing during the night, he would see it as clear as day.

About 10 knights surround the dark hooded figure, ready to attack if forced to.

"It's a person, not another being."

"Hey, why were you out of the border in the middle of the night? It's very dangerous and you could've gotten ambushed by orcs and trolls."

The cloaked dark hooded figure did not speak, even when pointed with the sharpness blades of the kingdom.

The knights noticed his katana on his left hip, and catches the hooded figure slowly reaching for it.

"Don't move a single muscle!" Another knight says, catching what the hooded figure was about to do.

"Tell us where you are going? And we may let you live."

For the first time, he speaks, "I am coming home..." He says it with such calmness that it frightened some of the knights.

"State your name, the time you went out of the border, and the time you planned on coming back. Before explorers go out to venture, they have to state their names, the time they went out and the time they plan on coming back in. And if they don't come back within a few hours after their destined time, they are presumed dead. If they don't answer correctly, they will be executed for disgusting themselves as a human."

The hooded man grew silent.

As every second passed, the knights began to gradually and gradually prepare to attack. Their arms and legs slowly positioning into an offensive position, and their expressions changing slowly and slowly with their eyes speaking their future actions.

And about 10 seconds of silence, they all attacked together, presuming it was a witch disguising herself as a human.

The dark hooded figure unsheathed his katana in light speed, immediately dashing through the circle of knights.

In just half a second, their entire mobility had come into a halt as all of their armor were sliced like butter and their heads beheaded. Without looking back, he could hear the lifeless bodies fall to the ground.

And with zero reaction time, there was no back-up called to assist the knights to subdue the invader.

The dark hooded man walked past the corpses and into the kingdom, a free man.

And for countless days, he only walked towards his destination. He saw no need and extra effort to run to his destination as it would only waste his stamina. He walked past the trees, countless ponds and lakes, animals, and through the rainy weather.

He arrives at his destination in the rainy weather.

Seeing as no one was near or watching him, he takes off his hoodie to get a full view at the sorrowful sight.

Was it a coincidence that it would be raining, as if the heavens were mourning at what he was currently staring at.

The 18 year old Hikigaya had arrived back at his home, to see it at the same state that it once was when he left.