ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7

Matias Romero pov

Today is the day. Today marks the 13th year that the youngest member of the Romero family has been missing. Thirteen years ago today, my ex wife Giorgia Romero kidnapped him and ran off after being told she lost custody of all our children after our nasty divorce.

And ever since, this family just hasn't been the same way that it was when it was complete. That would explain why today of all days, everyone is just more on edge.

Nicholas and Perseus are more temperamental, which could be seen by their bloody noses and bruised fists that are shown on display for all to see at the dinner table. Those two decided to fight with each other, destroying the entire living room in the process. Are they sorry? Of course not. They're my sons, just as stubborn and unapologetic as me. One of the many traits I wish they didn't inherit.

They throw glares at each other from across the table, subtlety flipping each other off. I roll my eyes. They think they're being so sly about it.

"Enough you two, Interrumpa eso!" They immediately look away from each other and put their attention on their untouched dinner. (T: cut it out).

Damian snickers, trying to cover it up with a cough. But it just sounds like a goose choking on a piece of bread.

"What's so funny?" Perseus snarls at him. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. Here we go.

"Nothing." Damian smirks.

"No, you seem to find everything funny today. You've been mumbling under your breath and snickering this entire dinner. So get on with it."

"Don't fucking yell at him." Nicholas yells.

"Take your own advice, pendejo." Perseus rolls his eyes, crossing his arms and just completely abandoning his dinner.

"Pues ahí va la agradable y tranquila cena que estabas deseando. "Emiliano, my oldest son who's sitting on the right of me, whispers to me sarcastically. (T: Well there goes the nice and peaceful dinner you were wishing for)

I sigh, I'm not in the mood for all this today. I was just hoping to get through this and then go upstairs to my office and drown myself in paperwork and a nice cool drink of whiskey.

"Don't make me give you another busted lip Percy." Nicholas warns his older brother.

"Dios ayuda a esta familia." Sebastian, my second oldest son who's sitting on the left of me mumbles, sitting back in his chair and taking a sip of his whiskey. (T: God, help this family)

Emiliano raised an eyebrow at his action and leaned in forward so Seba could hear him better. "Since when do you drink during dinner?"

Sebastian dislikes drinking often unless it's a special occasion or he's really stressed out. He's a doctor who's seen addicts come in with destroyed livers and heartbroken families behind them. Not exactly his favorite site.

Seba shrugged. "It's a special occasion." He didn't say anything after that but we both knew what he meant.

"¡Cállate Nico! I'm older than you and you know damn well I could beat your ass. Take your black eye as an example." That had Nicholas standing up, ready to fight Perseus who just sat back and smirked at his little brother.

"Estoy tan harta de tu mierda." Nico says, reaching over the table, and dragging Percy by the collar of his shirt until they were face to face over the table. (T: I'm so done with your shit)

"No se atrevan a tirar comida o platos, mocosos desagradecidos y derrochadores de comida." I glared at both of them. (T: Don't you dare drop any food or dishes you ungrateful, food wasting brats.)