ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 8

Jay's pov 

I walked up the stairs of the group home, groaning at the anching migraine I have. It's also burning hot outside which has me wanting to kill myself. A migraine, in heat. One of the worst things ever to have in life.

I struggled to open the door but when I finally did, I walked inside and slammed the door. Lily wanted me here, might as well alert her of my presence.

I absolutely hate mornings and I hate being yelled at this early too. I wanted to go back to sleep but if I don't show up here, I'm pretty sure Lily is allowed to do something about me not behaving or whatever.

And I don't really want to get in trouble with the law again, at least not yet.

As soon as I walked into the living room, ready to be screamed at by her and Brad, I realized we weren't the only ones in the room. Two men sit on the long couch, leaning back with their arms above them on the headrest.

I watched as they stood up, looking excited. But why? I slightly backed up when I saw how tall they were. I'm tall, yes. But these guys are taller, they're for sure over six feet. They're wearing tailored suits that don't belong in this rundown building in this ghetto neighborhood. They looked to have cost thousands of dollars, maybe around the same cost as that rolex that one of the men is wearing. He looks older, possibly in his forties. I assume that's the other guy's father.

The younger guy smirks at me, looking at my neck. That's when I realized I still have those hickeys. I sighed. Oh well. I don't mind too much. What do I care what a bunch of strangers think of me?

But when his eyes came up to my face, that's when his eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched. I was confused about what he was looking at. Like did he think my face looked that ugly? But then I realized he's probably looking at my black eye that the guy gave me last night.

I notice his gesture to, who I assume is his father. They both looked at me angry. Damn macho men chill out, I haven't even done anything.

My face scrunched up at them, wondering why they went from hopefully, to amuse, to angry in less than a minute. And not one word has even been spoken yet.

Eventually I think they realized they're starting to creep me out, so they composed themselves and stopped looking angry.

The two men observed me for way longer than I wanted, looking at me afterwards with some kind of hope in their eyes, while I just stared at them like they're the ones on crack. I took them completely in, their attire and posture. What are they doing in a place like this?

The older man keeps staring at me, with some kind of look in his eyes that I can't read. I did one last once over at them before turning to Lily and Brad. "What the fuck, what kinda sugar daddies did you find for me when I was away?"

"Jason!" Lily scolds, her facing heating up in embarrassment. I shrug my shoulders and look back at the wealthy men sitting in this living room. Their clothes and accessories probably cost more than this entire building.

"You were raised better than that son." My head snaps towards Brad. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice the older man clench his jaw in anger. Why though?

"I'm not your fucking son." I growled, advancing towards Brad but being stopped by Lily who put her hand on my shoulder. I flinch back, not expecting her to approach me. I don't like it when people I don't know well touch me without my permission.

Lily seems to notice my annoyed glare because she quickly retracks her hand back to her side. "Brad's right, Jason. It's rude to act this way in front of new people." I rolled my eyes.