𝐌 𝐚 𝐬 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝐌 𝐢 𝐧 𝐝

I ducked my head under the car in front of me to keep from being spotted. That's the third police car today. I peeked to see if the coast was clear or not. The coast was cleared.

I quickly threw my hoodie on as I roamed the streets. I had been roaming the streets for a couple of days now.

Every now and then occasionally running into business men, either looking at me with a discerning look or a look of repulsiveness. No in between.

I stopped in front of a busy tv station where they aired the same commercial for the past few days.

"If anyone has any information on the missing person: Senaii Lopez. Please call the number listed below."

I hated the picture they had of me up there. I took off my hood and revealed my newly dyed hair. I shook my curls and walked a few blocks further until I bumped into someone that was very familiar to me but I was unknown to him.

Devin Li.

I looked at him and I instantly started to feel nervous again. "Oh I'm sorry- I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you okay miss?"

Miss?! Oh right.. He doesn't know that I dyed my hair.

"Um not really, but thanks anyways." Devin examined me a little bit and I felt a bit awkward.

"Forgive me for staring. Just- you remind me of someone."

"Oh, really? Who, if you don't mind me asking?"

"My girlfriend.. She's been missing for a couple of weeks now and I have no way to communicate with her cause she lost her phone."

Devin looked so sad. I wanted to give him a hug so badly.

"Well do you have any idea why she ran away or went missing?"

"I-I don't know really. I know she left behind a note in my room. I just want her back so I can give her all the love and affection that she deserves."

Crap! So that's where that note went..

Hearing Devin talking about me almost made me tear up. I tried to give him a hug but he didn't give me leeway to do so.

"Uhm sorry miss.. but as I stated I have a girlfriend."

Maybe I should try to convince him that it's me

"Devin.. it's me."

"How do you know my-"

"Because I'm your girlfriend that went missing.."

Devin didn't look like he was convinced.

I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him into a nearby store.

He snatched his arm away from me.

"Look I don't know how you know my name, but-"

"Just go ahead and ask me something that your girlfriend knows." I sooke crossing my arms.

"Okay.. umm. Who's her best friend in the entire world?"

"Crystal Martin. She's been my best friend since I moved here in 7th grade."

"Who does she stay with?"

"I stay with my mom and my brother Khalil."

"Soy yo Devin, lo prometo."{ It's me Devin, I promise}  I stated throwing my hands in my pockets.

Devin looked at me with wide eyes of surprise. He picked me up and spun me around while kissing my forehead repeatedly. I laughed at him.

We heard a groan come from the side of us.