The Iron Trial

Percy POV

Geez, I couldn't even take a break. Hestia immediataly ordered me to go to this so called "Magisterium". She asked me to save one of her worlds, the world that she had blessed. And you know what happens when you refuse your mother. I took the appearence of a 17 year old. Hestia already thought of an excuse for my age. I flashed to Virginia. I was at a huge cleared space. In the middle there was an enormous hangar made of corrugated steel. I grimaced. There was alot of cars, with kids around 12. I saw a kid looking at me, and he turned away. I knew I was at the right spot. I walked across the lot and into the big black open space that was the hangar entrance. Inside, kids was yelling, taunting, joking and playing. It was a luxury I couldn't afford. I saw the mages. There were only about half dozen mages. I sat on one of the seats that were prepared.

"Welcome, aspirants, and welcome, families of aspirants, to the most significant afternoon of your child's life." The tallest mage said. I snickered, as i totally was a child.

"Some of you have traveled a great distance to give your child this opportunity, and we want to extend our gratitude-" The tallest man continued but someone spoke at my mind at the exact time. I was immediatally alert.

"When Master North finishes speaking, all aspirants should rise and come to the front. The Trial is about to begin."

I knew it was the bald man who spoke in our minds. After Master North finished speaking, I made my way down to the bleachers, obviously taller than all the children. Some of the mothers blushed when they saw me. I ignored them and I even heard a catcall. I saw a kid crash into a girl, and apologize. I knew that was Callum Hunt, who Hestia mentioned, could save her world, and ours too. I then saw a tall Asian boy run to girl. He called her Tamara? Strange names.

"I am Master Milagros." The female mage who was directing me said, but blushing as she looked at me. The first test was absolutely boring, but I pitied Callum who showed a demigod's first taste of power. He exploded the pen, and was herded out of the classroom. The second test, I got full marks. Callum seemed to be purposely failing. I hated the Asian boy because he was arrogant. The third test, the bald mage made me take a bowl filled with water, and in the middle was a flame and asked me to take it. When I took it, the bowl exploded from power, and my power vibrated through the whole room, cracking the room, and filling the room with the scent of newly bloomed flowers. The room was getting crumpled from my power, and my power exploded sending shockwaves. The room was torn apart from my power. The bald man stared at me in shock. Since I was the last, there was no need to change rooms. 

"Percy Jackson, you actually shocked me. There was never a record of such power." The bald man said with frightened curiously. I shook my head, and he sent me back to the seats. I saw the marks, and was suprised that I had full marks. I was in first place, while "Tamara" and the blonde dude comforting Callum was in 2nd. The Asian boy was in 3rd. When I couldn't find Callum, I looked below. To my horror, he had a negative score. Hestia asked me to help him pass, and if she knew he gotten a negative score, she would take away my blue cookies. 

Master Rufus POV (The Bald Man)

"ITS OUTRAGOUS! NO ONE HAD THAT MARK EVER!" Master North yelled.

"WELL HE HAS THAT MARK CAUSE HIS POWER DESTROYED THE GODDAMN ROOM!" I yelled

"Then he must be my apprentice." Master North stated.

"Nope, he is mine. Remember that bet we made? You lost, so this year you cannot choose." I said cheekly.

"Are you serious?" He sighed

"Yup." I said, then went out to select.

Callum Hunt POV

Master Rufus went up the stage after an argument with Master North.

"Aspirants for this year. Thank you for being with us today and for working so hard in the Trial. The thanks of the Magisterim also go out to all of the families who brought children and waited for them to finish. There are nine mages, and each of them is authorized to choose up to 6 applicants. Those applicants will be their apprentices for the five years they will spend at the Magisterium, so this is not a choice a Master takes lightly." Master Rufus continued until "Does anyone have any questions?"

Everyone was silent, so he said "Very well!"

"Its okay, you wont get picked" Alastair said.

"Aspirants, as we say your names, please rise to your feet and join your new Master. As senior mage after Master North, who will not be taking any apprentices, I will begin the selection." Master Rufus said. His gaze swept out over the crowd.

"Aaron Steward." Master Rufus's words were met with clapping. "Tamara Rajavi." Tamara's parents clapped politely. "Callum Hunt." from the words, the bottom fell out of Call's world.

Percy POV

"Outragous!" A man yelled who looked like Call's father. "You cannot have him! Look at his scores, the lowest, plus, NEGATIVE!"

They took the man outside, and the man threw a knife at Callum, and I was just about to flash there and take the knife when Aaron took the knife by the hilt. Good reflexes.

Tamara POV

"My last apprentice will be... PERSEUS JACKSON!" Master Rufus announced. When the 17 year old that had been in our group stood up, everyone gasped at his age. All the women were blushing, including my mother, aspirants and female Masters. I could feel a blush creeping up on my face. He walked calmly, but I felt a demand for respect for him. The other Masters continued choosing. After that, we all boarded a bus and went for the Magisterium.