24| Selfish

Next day

7 am

I step outside my room with my bags, feeling much better to be this way after what happened last night and how mister jeon managed to make me feel better about this new change. I'm happy that I can still get the opportunity to at least text him. And for hanuel, I promised her to meet every weekend, and I'll keep my promise.

I don't know what'll happen here once I step outside, but I just hope they both are safe and warm.

"Here, take some of this." Mister jeon comes to me with a small paper bag, and he gives it to me, his other hand grabbing onto his coffee mug which he made himself. "Thank you for this," I take a look at the box inside the bag and smile, this delicious bento seems really cute.

"It's not a problem, make sure to eat it all during lunch, okay?" He licks his lips but smiles softly, his real and tense emotions still hidden behind this faint smile of his, I grab my gaming bag and he takes the suitcase, "I'll do it," I tell him but he walks down the stairs already, turning deaf ears to my voice. "Miss song!" Hanuel runs to me but smiles, "look at this." She gives me a small card which she was hiding behind her back, I smile but take it, forcing my heart to not soften too much.

"What is i-" I chuckle but she holds my hands after letting me take the adorable red coloured envelope with white tiny heart prints all over. "No, wait...umm, so daddy told." She looks behind me at her father and speaks. "Open this when you reach the dorm, sweetheart."

He brushes his hand past min and steps ahead of me, gazing down into my eyes with a soft glint. I nod, "I would." I keep the envelope into my bag, and he fixes his wristwatch, "do you have wish to have anything else? You can." I kindly refuse, "no, I've got so much," I chuckle, and lick my lower lip but gaze around at this house one last time, everything's the same but yet I feel so cold. Miss jeon is in her bedroom, mister jeon is with us here, and hanuel is still a good little one who's being really calm and not crying or irritated.

"Are you sure you're ready?" He confirms with me again, and I turn to him to nod with confidence, "I am, mister jeon." I hold onto hanuel's hand and we both walk out the main door of the villa.

. . .

He stops the car in front of the building apartment, my breath hastens and my head takes a spin around, and I undo my seatbelt but manage to feel sane. She's standing near the light pole, she actually seems generous and thoughtful, I hope kiyoung is true about my new roommate being a good one.

"Don't get off yet, hanuel." Mister jeon hurries to tell her not to do so because we're right next to the road and he gets down the car first, and I follow him. He wears his yellow shades, "is she here?"

He asks me and I nod, squinting my eyes to not feel the light sunrays hit them, he glances at the light pole but opens the door to take hanuel out. "Hey," she walks right to me and smiles with her glossy lips of the plum tint, "are you june?" I smile kindly and nod, "yes." Her smile widens and she hugs me, "oh gosh, I cannot believe that bitch had the audacity to lie. You're so cute."

I hug her back but raise a brow at what she says, and I ask her, "umm who lied, about...what....?" I look at her cluelessly and she shakes her head, "I'm sorry, just forget it. It was kiyoung and he told me that you were a pest and an annoying girl, but anyways," she turns to the side to glance behind at the car, "damn, is he your dad? What an amazing-"

"No, michelle, he is not my father. He just...." I now try to think of right words to address mister jeon as, but couldn't come up with anything good.