36| A good father

"Here's your coffee," I step inside and close the door with my other hand, smiling at this one who's keeping back the book on the shelf where it's originally supposed to be, "thank you, darling."

"No problem." I don't want him to thank me for doing this, I love to make him his coffees and cook food for him, to be honest, do whatever that pleases him and helps regulate his mental health which isn't too stable currently. He's just divorced his ex-wife, he gave her whatever share she had, and above all, she also tried to accuse him of physical and verbal abuse, having no shame about what I would think or what her own daughter would feel when she hears those terrible lies about her father.

That moment was tough to witness, I wonder how mister jeon endured it.

"So," he takes a sip of the steaming liquid, unaffected by the heat, he sits down on the edge of my bed and looks lower at me when i take a seat on the gaming chair. "You can now stop addressing me formally, sweetheart, it's better if you'd speak my name, I'd like to hear that."

His soothing voice asks me out, I smile shyly, feeling some type of way after I've heard him say this. "Okay. Are you really sure?" He hums, detaching his lips from the edge of the cup, "yes."

He gives me his permission, and I try my best to take out the mister from his name, inside my head, hoping I won't be awkward while addressing him as jungkook. It just doesn't feel respectful of me, he's older than me and I sort of, want to address him as someone who is really the big one, but I'll change my thoughts, that will make things better for him and for me too. I have to adapt towards his second name, no matter how tough it's for me.

"Come sit here," mister jeon keeps the cup back on the nightstand, patting the bed, so I go to him and I get on the mattress but wrap my arms around him, wanting some warmth and helping him feel some of mine as well. He smiles in a breathy manner, catching hold of me like I was a little baby, he enclosed my body in his tattooed and muscular one.

"Did you have a good day today?" I manage to not faint due to lack of oxygen and inhaling his dizzy scent way too much, and I peek up at his face from his chest. "I did," he touches my spine, trailing his warm fingers down the bone which chills me, i grab his other hand and put it on mine, moving away to not alert him about my blushing face. I turn around and he spreads his crossed legs for me to sit down as if he knew what I was going to do, beforehand.

His veiny hands coming to my waist he sits properly and leans back on the headboard of the bed, pulling me up carefully to make the both of us comfortable and cosy. "If you don't want to tell, it's okay. But how many cigarettes did you smoke today?"

Mister jeon shifts, exhaling, "about four only, sweetheart." That's too much.

Not sure if he's only lying to me to help me not worry, I turn my head and gaze up in his eyes, these gleaming and dark intimidating ones which soften as he smiles, "I'm not lying, trust me." He pecks my chin, doing everything he can, just to assure me. I believe him, but still hate that he even smoked more than he did some days back. That was reducing back then, but I knew it'd rise again once the pain takes over him after the divorce, he even sent hanuel away for sometime to just makes situation easier for his daughter, uncaring about his feelings and how he'd be lonely if she was away from her father.

I smile at him, I don't know if I should talk about all those things for now, so the least I can do is simply help him out his uneasiness and bad mental condition by giving him my best.

"Good, it's better that you're starting to smoke less cigarettes than before, mis- jungkook." I bite back my tongue before I call him by his formal name, but I blurt out his name, and he chuckles in my ear. "Miss...jungkook?" He makes fun of my mistake terribly, but I cannot really conceal my smile, I hide my face by turning back to my normal position, "I'm trying, okay?"