ep 7 : last day of camp

kenya quickly got up, and then grabbed yasmina's hand to pull her up so she could be used as support. they both went as fast as they could towards the others, sammy and brooklynn ahead of them as the others gathered up before the two could make it.

[attention. all park-goers must report to the south ferry dock for immediate evacuation. last ferry departs in two hours.]

the male automated voice overhead announced and kenya glanced down to yasmina, who looked back before pushing her self to go faster. kenya knows she should slow her down to prevent her ankle injury from worsening, but as they go close to the others, they could hear them. "...gonna make it is if we run." she heard darius say, and glanced to yasmina who was grunting and pushing her self as they heard sammy's unsure "um.." and glanced backward towards the two. "are you sure that's the best way to get there?" she asked darius, and yasmina had her free hand at her hip. "i'm fine." she sternly said, angrily looking at sammy while kenya simply stood there as her support.

"i've competed with a torn acl." yasmina said as a matter of fact, and kenya had more respect for the track star. "you should be way more worried about ben and bumpy." yasmina jerked a thumb back to the two as ben came up to them panting. "what we should all be worried about is catching a boat out of here and, naturally, we have a problem."

he then placed the map in his hand on the bench and visualized them the issues. "we're here." he pointed to their current location. "the docks are on the southern tip of the island." he dragged his finger south to where the south docks are. "even if we ran at peak yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out." ben sadly said, and sammy spoke up. "you don't know that." "yes i do. i memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over." ben said as a matter of fact, which caused mostly everyone to groan to this confirmation.

"okay, so we need another way." kenya looked at darius for a moment, glancing to yasmina who is leaning against her with her arms crossed as she listened to darius.

"um..." he hopped off the bench and pointed to the water at the kayaks. "can we use those somehow?" he asked the others. "or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait?" he tried brainstorming ideas out loud to everyone. "or..." "or make a few jetpacks real quick?" kenya turned to brooklynn, wondering if she was being serious or joking around. "oh! we should befriend a unicorn!" "definitely sarcasm." kenya mumbled to herself, and noticed yasmina shoot her a questioning look, the taller girl shook her head to dismiss her curiosity.

"face it, it's hopeless." she sounded defeated, which made kenya look down in defeat as well.

[we will be arriving at main street, your destination for fine dining and shopping at jurassic world.]

the automated voice up ahead spoke, and everyone looked in its direction. they quickly followed, kenya assisting yasmina to help her move faster and to keep up with everyone else. they followed the voice, which was still speaking but kenya was ignoring it as they approached a railing to see a "monorail! what-what!" kenji said happily to this discovery. "nicely played universe." kenya said, and looked to darius who then rushed them.

they all ran to the right, following behind the dino genius. everyone was quick and left kenya helping yasmina who lagged with ben. "it's nice having some company back here for once." he said to the two girls, getting a breath in. the girls looked to each other, before looking forward and picked up their pace to rush past ben.

the three approached to see the others ahead cowering against the wall, and they made sure to be quiet as kenya watched darius lean over to check it out. from his reaction, kenya could tell it was something bad free and roaming about.

"move." they heard darius barely whisper, and then watched as he made a run for it. he quickly made it behind a stairway that lead to the monorail and looked back at the others. kenya looked to yasmina, and then pushed the fastest three into going first. they did at first, but quickly paused and came back to hide with them. kenya held her breath to hearing something stalk towards them, but opened her eyes to some clanging. she watched toro look to investigate the sound, and darius now on the other side of the stairway.