Chapter 3-Offer

Coming out of the shower Isa stood in front of the mirror starting her morning skincare routine and make up and her mind automatically drifted thinking of the past month. While Mr. Norman was supposed to stay here for a week because of various reason it kept on extending and they will be finally leaving today. She has been working hard a lot recently. Since she knew that Rubiks had to be acquired she was on pins and needles despite knowing that it is inevitable and after knowing that it would be Phoenix Tech. she was relieved a little. While it was a relatively new company, their achievements and innovations didn't let anyone look down on them. Their starting project, Phoenix bike took over the world in storm, and being an electric bike it replaced almost all the bikes in the world, even racing bikes.

She took an extra liking to them because her first racing bike was from Phoenix Tech. It was the first generation bike and at a time when Phoenix was still unknown so her bike's value snowballed as one of the collectibles but she was unwilling to sell it. Putting aside it's high performance and smooth functioning it's almost like her friend who was with her in tough times. It almost felt like a friend and she was guilty of naming her bike 'Selene' who was included in her therapy. Whenever her impulse is on rise she hits the gym and tires out her body which worked most of the time as time went on and in the off chances that it didn't work racing with 'Selene' makes it up. 'Selene' worked so well that the last, last time she had a one night stand was more than a year ago. It worked so well that she thought she finally free but one idiot just had to mess it up by groping her in public. It set her off in more than a way and that resulted in her one night stand with her boss, who was thankfully a decent gentleman. Though the times they met in this month were not a lot he was perfectly profession and at times she doubts whether he even recognized her. She at least had a half minute pause when she recognized him  but he was impeccably professional with her. Meaning he either didn't recognize her or one night stands were so common to him that he didn't bother to give a reaction. She loathes the latter so she prefers the former rea...

*clatter*

"Breathe in"

"Breathe out"

'Calm down Isa! You know it's fake.'

"Breathe in"

"Breathe out"

'There's no hickey on your neck! No hickey can last a month.'

"Breathe in"

"Breathe out"

'.......Or years.......'

"Breathe in"

"$^%&*"

"Breathe out"

''#$%^&*&"

"Breathe in"

"##%$^&*&"

"Breathe out"

"^&*(*^%$"

'Wait! What's that sound? what is it? What is it? Don't panic! The more you are eager, the more difficult it is to hear. What could it be? Common! Hear clearly!"

"#^%( RI^&&**& ..RIN&&&&&&&^ .....RING RING! RING RING!"

'Phone! That's my phone ringing! When did it go off? Hopefully not long before and nothing urgent.'

Forcefully looking away from her image in the mirror she looked all over the counter looking for her phone in vain.

'Where is it? Where did I last see my phone? Wait! The phone ringing sounds a little far off..?? Bedroom? Yes bedroom!'